Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm new here, so if anyone has any information on this topic, please feel free to share it on this thread.

To get straight to the point, I'm working with an old Hurco BMC 30 machine. It's a good machine, but I'm having some problems with the electronics. Overall, it's working fine. I'm using SOLIDWORKS 2018 to create G code for the machine. SOLIDWORKS has a generic post processor for BMC30.

I'm experiencing several issues with the G code that's written in SW2018. These include:

- The machine doesn't recognize G41 or G42, so I have to replace them with G40, as BMC30 has a built-in tool correction.
- It doesn't recognize G17.
- It can't read G54 (I think it can't read G80 also).
- If SW2018 writes F100., the machine can't read it. Instead, I have to write F100
- G81 must be written as G81 G01 to run the drilling cycle.
- It can read pecking or spot drilling from SW2018.

Currently, I'm using Notepad++ to rewrite the G code. Is there a better text editor? Or is there a better program for Hurco BMC30 that has a better G code generator? If possible, I'd like to have an auto-correct or auto-replace feature in a text editor to save time in correcting the generated G code. Any info will be appreciated.