586,339 active members*
4,052 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

M63 Not working

I have a 2006 TM-2 mill. I just purchased it used. It originally was purchased with the probing option. I have also purchased an OMI, OMP60M and the TS27R with the appropriate adapter cable to connect to the P77 port on the IO board of the mill.

With this configuration M53 should turn on the probe and M63 should turn off the probe. M52 should and does turn on the toolsetter and M62 turns off the toolsetter as it should.

M53 does work as it does activate the OMI and turns on the probe with an optical transmission. The issue is with M63 not turning off the OMI or OMP.

M63 by itself does not turn the probe off. However a M63 followed by a M53 does turn the probe off. Likewise once the probe is off another M53 does not turn it back on without sending a M63 first.

What could cause this behavior. Is there a parameter or setting that needs to be changed?

Thanks in advance.

Re: M63 Not working

So some updates after testing some more. M53 turns on output P23 like it should, M63 does turn off output P23 like it should. So that is working as I expected. It may be that the OMI takes a pulse to turn it on and a pulse to turn it off. I have a request in to Renishaw tech support but I have not heard back yet.

Re: M63 Not working

So I have everything set up on the machine and the macros seem to work correctly so they must do a M53 then a M63 to toggle the probe and OMI on. Then another M53 followed by a M63 to toggle the probe off.

Seemed odd to me at first but this is how it must be set up to work. Maybe I will hear back from Renishaw next week.