586,094 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

E 650 W/640m Control

We have a e650 with a 640m pro control. The issue we are having is running a Renishaw probe and turning it on and off while in cycle. Setting Parameter RB13.1 to 1 allows us to do that.

The problem we have now is the tool change. The tool change works fine as long as the probe is not in the spindle. If however the probe is in the spindle and turned off the control will not cycle past the tool call ( T80 M6 ). If I put an M281( probe on ) above the tool call I get a illegal MMS unite alarm when I load the probe from the magazine. I have tried setting RB13.0 to 1 and 0 and it seems to have no effect.

Has anyone experienced this?

Don't use one on a 650 but curious....

I'm guessing you're either using a MP10 or MP700. Why do you need to shut it on/off while in cycle? Is the probe moving to an area where you're losing 'line of sight'? You should be able to just use the probe with the auto on/off setting and not worry about it. But, from the sounds of it, its like you've got another trigger somewhere. The probes can be triggered by M code or switch. Sounds like you've got one too many somewhere. Another thing, make sure your Tool Data page lists the probe for T80. (I'm assuming this was a factory install and not aftermarket)...
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

In order to run the calibration program you need to orient the mill spindle at 0 and 180. If you attempt to do this with the probe on it will trigger and stop the program.

Something doesn't sound right. It shouldn't stop the program simply because you're moving the spindle. The probe should be able to remain on and you can freely move it around. The problem may be a couple other issues.... Are you rotating the spindle with the skip signal active? Are you rotating in rapid? Maybe the spindle is triggering while in motion.... which goes back to the fact that the skip signal is active (G31). While the probe is on, it should only bomb out if an active skip gets triggered or you lose line of sight.

I've had this problem with a Mazak Fusion before. This usually happens in conjunction with using the Mazak "probe" option in the tool data page. When a tool pocket is registered as "probe" in tool data page, Mazak "flashes" the probe on and off when a tool change occurs. However the sequence of checks the control goes through prior to turning the probe on and off can sometimes cause an MMS error. E.g. if the spindle rotates AT ALL, or line of sight is lost can cause an alarm. This alarm is a nightmare to get rid of and usually results in the machine being shut down and rebooted. It's been a few years since I can remember how best to get around the problem in as fewer steps as possible, but I do know that it got to the point where I registered the probe as a drill in the tool data page to override the Mazak "flash on / flash off" approach, and used an M code in cycle instead to switch the probe on, and set the dip switches on the MP10/MP700 to timeout so the probe switched off automatically after a period of time. This way you can orientate the probe BEFORE you switch it on.

.... but with an MP10/700, you should be orient the probe without having to turn it off....

Guypb is correct we have seen the same problem with of int1060 using a Mp700 probe.

Check the positions of the OMM, we found when positioning the spindle in some orientation the signal was being lost due to obstructions (the component).

We have a Renishaw MP700 installed on our Int1060. The problem your encountering is due to orientation speed, I have change this speed in which the spindle in orientated within the macro, keep reducing the speed until the orientation works without the probe alarming out. Look within the macro that runs the calibration and find the M19 code should state a rpm just change this figure until it works.

Richie