587,507 active members*
2,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Hi Rhodan,

I am very interested and would like to chat more on this subject...

I am on the verge of ordering the Wolfgang, just need to get all the info re motors, belts, mounts etc.

So, if you want to have a mod move it that's fine, just as long as I know where it went

Best
    Phil

I was thinking simply electronics general. There isn't a PCB making specific forum here that I see.

The belt and motor came with the spindle. The belt really is just an "O" ring that you can pick up at hardware stores and the motor looks like one from an RC model - but in AC. I don't think the motor is critical other than getting enough RPM out of it that you don't need a big difference in pulley sizes. If I remember correctly, the ratio on this is 1.2:1 to get 24k RPM.

Your best bet is to email Richard (link in EBay store) and ask. He's had a lot more experience matching up motors etc than me. You might ask if the TB-440 is still available (or some version thereof) since AC was a lot simpler for me - just plug it into the wall!

As he said to me in email when I was looking to buy

Thank you for the interest. Yes, the DC motor I used was very difficult to find a power supply for (9.6VDC), so when I came across this motor, it was a match made in heaven. The AC motor, of course, simply plugs into the wall, and if you need to control the speed an inexpensive router rheostat will work just fine.

The belts are simple o'rings, but they last quite a long time. I can send a couple (no charge) and that should last you for quite some time. They can also be picked up at almost any hardware store. If you would still like me to send 10 it would be $.50 for each additional one.

Yes, it uses a 10-32 draw-bolt, and I have an idea etched in my head for a ATC design. It'll be sometime down the road, but is an item I'd like to get out to the public.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again,

WgE.