586,103 active members*
3,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach 4 > Can Mach4 send basic Galil Commands to the Galil Controller? Like SH or MO, etc?

Can Mach4 send basic Galil Commands to the Galil Controller? Like SH or MO, etc?

Can I send a SH (Servo Here) or MO (Motor Off) Galil command from within Mach4? Ideally I'd like to assign it to a button or include it in an existing button script. Has anyone done this or can point me in the right direction? I'll reply back here with my experience.

Board is Galil DMC-2183
    Software is Mach4 with the Galil plugin
    drives are Baldor TSD DC Servo
    motors are Baldor MK-2250 DC Servo

thanks,
    Brian

Re: Can Mach4 send basic Galil Commands to the Galil Controller? Like SH or MO, etc?

HI,
    I dont use Galill but use Mach4 and an ESS.....and yes sending basic commands like switching an input on or off is pretty basic and Galill should certainly do so.

For example my Delta servos require an active RESET signal in the event that they ever fault out. If I need to reset a servo I have an on screen button that I press and that in turn
    sends a signal to the ESS which in turn sends a RESET pulse to the servo drive via my breakout board.

Craig

Re: Can Mach4 send basic Galil Commands to the Galil Controller? Like SH or MO, etc?

I know its not cheap but Camsoft is the control to use with Galil cards. It is build specifically for this.

I have used Camsoft over 20 years now on five machines.

I'm investigating CamSoft. Price is tough to handle for a hobby...it better work for the $$$$$$$$$$$

Hi,
    as I posted earlier I've been using Mach4 for eight years....it works. You may have to do a little research to get it to communicate with the Galil......but it too will work.

The lead developer of Mach4 is Steve McMurphree, and also happened to be a longtime employee of Galil. The Galil plugin for Mach4 was written by Steve.

Reach out to him on the Mach4 forum and you will get the answers you require....or spend big dollars on Camsoft....your choice.

Craig