Greetings All,

I have had an incident where my MT50/1500CNC lathe with Fagor 8050-TC (v2.02) controls has lost its parameters. My best case is to source a copy of the original machine-specific firmware (yeah probably not going to happen) and reload the programs. However, we do have the original hard paper copy of the parameters, settings, and errors types. I have tried to work from the 'empty' files but they do not have enough information in the file to follow up with. I think it will be a lot more straightforward to obtain a copy of any finished/working 8050-TC programs and then change it to match the actual configuration, the more similar to my setup, the better. I can rebuild the parameters from the written document as long as I have a somewhat structured working set of PIT files to work from.

I am wondering if anyone has a full backup of a similar machine, or even just a general backup from any Fagor 8050-TC control? The best would be 8050-TC controls from a MT50/1500CNC but any full set of PIT files will be better than nothing. I will try and load them back in, and convert all the programming to match what is in hard documents. I will also document my process, in case anyone else gets into this situation.

The programs I will rebuild are:
General machine parameters
- PLC Programs
- PLC Messages
- PLC Errors
- OEM Subroutines

If anyone has any control files backed up for the Fagor controller for MT50 or even any general control backup for any 8050-T, please let me know! A full backup of PIT files would be a great starting spot!

In case more information about the lathe will help;

Some details about the Lathe:

Bell Machinery Ltd. North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Model MT50/1500CNC / Serial: 229

Omnitrade Machinery in Toronto, ON, Canada - Reseller/re-qualifier?
Model: MT500CNC / Serial: 3-99

Many thanks,
Kevin