586,075 active members*
4,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal monitor colors

Fadal monitor colors

Hi everyone
    I replaced the old crt monitor with a new one lcd ( fadal vmc15 1995)
    But the color of the letters is white
    Is there a way to change the color to green?

Re: Fadal monitor colors

They had a couple different display cards. If you had just the old monochrome CRT with black background and green letters, then you're stuck with black background and white letters. I believe the green was the default/only color for the old green crt's (they didn't have color built in, that was just their design). Later they had a color CGA I think, display card that looked much better and honestly, I don't know if it's as simple as using the later card and get a little better display. I'm not sure how CGA would look on the VGA monitor tho.

Sorry I wasn't much help. I'm just going from my old memory here. Maybe someone else can tell us different.

Quote Originally Posted by rwskinner View Post
    They had a couple different display cards. If you had just the old monochrome CRT with black background and green letters, then you're stuck with black background and white letters. I believe the green was the default/only color for the old green crt's (they didn't have color built in, that was just their design). Later they had a color CGA I think, display card that looked much better and honestly, I don't know if it's as simple as using the later card and get a little better display. I'm not sure how CGA would look on the VGA monitor tho.

Sorry I wasn't much help. I'm just going from my old memory here. Maybe someone else can tell us different.
    Thank you for the good information
    you are right

...some type of converter like this Monochrome>VGA converter might work to change Text color for you.
    https://hackaday.io/project/166041-monochromevga

DJ

Good idea, but then I think you would have to add a BNC to VGA adapter, then put this inline with that. Remember Fadal is using the BNC output.