586,103 active members*
3,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > why does my Haas table move the wrong way while finding x home?

Question why does my Haas table move the wrong way while finding x home?

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your advice. I have a Haas TM1 from 2002, recently refurbished the processor and mocon boards, replaced the x axis stop switch and all of a sudden the table is moving to the right during startup, while trying to find the x home. It finds z, then y, then when looking for x it just looks in the wrong direction. I have not messed with the servo motors, and mirroring the x axis has no effect. Anyone ever heard of this or have any ideas?

Re: why does my Haas table move the wrong way while finding x home?

...I'm not a Haas guy but,......some where on the axis Amp Drives there might be a marked "INV" jumper to reverse/invert the operation of the axis. If, you changed Amp boards on X axis maybe the cause of going wrong direction.

DJ

Probably a system parameter that sets zero direction has become reversed.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks but my amps don't have anything like that on them. I went through the boards again looking for something obvious, no luck. I also tried mirroring the x axis in settings but the table still moves right on startup. This is frustrating, haven't even touched the amps or servo motors. All ideas welcome at this point...

Not referring to the amps or drives, but a parameter in the CNC control itself.
    If no luck, try Haas site support/email . https://www.haascnc.com/service.html
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by tjfisch View Post
    I also tried mirroring the x axis in settings but the table still moves right on startup.
    Al the Man is probably correct. Mirroring the X axis in settings is only a crude way of making opposite-hand parts. It mirrors the program, not the machine. What you have is a problem with how the machine is starting up. Look through your X axis parameters. There is going to be a Parameter bit for INV AXIS or something like that.

Before you even get there: if you start the machine, you can turn on a feature for Jog Without Home. This is a dangerous thing to enable because you can drive right off the rails, crush waycovers, etc. Turn that off and carefully confirm that your X axis jogs correctly in the direction commanded (Plus X moves the table left, Minus X moves the table to the right). After confirming that, press the Power Up Restart button and see if it then goes in the right direction.

If the jog direction is inverted, I suspect you need to change an X axis parameter.
    Greg

Hello, greetings from Colombia, perhaps you have already solved the problem. When the table moves to the opposite side of the home of the machine, it may be due to sensors or home switches activated or disconnected.