586,103 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Out of commission Tl 1

Friend was gifted a 2008 TL1 that had been out of commission. No manuals or recovery disk, screen hangs on HAAS logo no model number , version L07.04x any download to refresh/ update the control or refire this old parts maker seema to require being a HAAS employee or have a hfo account.We are just trying to get this decommissioned lathe operable, not trying to get a free unlock hack. Any input or direction to get this turning is much appreciated.

Re: Out of commission Tl 1

...check voltages on DC Power Supplies 5vdc etc.....and do you see anything that looks like a 3 volt backup Battery on any of the boards?
    examples:
    https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...=&utm_content=
    https://www.google.com/search?client...lt+cnc+battery

DJ

Yes , he replaced the battery. I think that's the problem it has lost all the parameters and such from being down so long.It hangs on the boot screen like the image shows. If you hold the U key on boot sometimes it says in lower left corner of monitor in____ mode 2. Thanks for the info and reply . We will continue to try to get the control past the screen saver to look at parameters and such to get this thing running.

...Option#2 ....call one or two Haas dealers with Serial Number, etc of machine....see what recovery needs to be done.. Not sure how friendly they are.for 2008 units....

DJ

Yeah, it's lost its marbles. See how there is no model number? The battery either died or there wasn't a jumper battery installed when the onboard battery was being swapped. Lose the power momentarily and it's all gone.

You'll need to have the master unlock code for your serial number. The control starts life with a ransom code built in and you need that final code to unlock the control when the time runs out.

You're also going to need all the parameters and settings from your original build. That stuff was in two places: a USB stick stored inside the back cabinet and printed out in the manual. You said they're both gone. Make sure you don't have the USB from inside the back cabinet because that's your lifeboat.

Without either, you're going to need to call the HFO. They may be able to talk you through restoring it yourself. I'm not sure how it works on a 2008, though I suspect it's similar to what I went through on my VF-2. I believe the software is still loaded locally on your board but, you'll need the instructions, the unlock codes, some starter parameters and settings and the instructions to do it.
    Greg