Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
That control is no longer supported by Haas. I know: it's the same year as my VF-2 so this is going to be the tough love someone would tell me:

If anything goes wrong with the electronics, you're on your own. You'll either need to diagnose and fix it yourself or find a good third party tech to diagnose it and then send the boards off to someone to be repaired. Things like axis amplifiers and the vector drive are still available from Haas. I'd bet most of the mechanical parts are available from them too. Pretty sure the manufacturer of the motors discontinued them too so neither Haas, nor anyone else is going to help unless you find old stock or a rebuilder. Cables could grow to be a problem too.

I wouldn't pay more than $15-18K for that machine and others will claim I'm nuts for saying that much. If you can find a 2007 or later, with the 15" display, you move into a ton of improvements like a USB instead of floppy drive and it'll be supported for at least a few more years. Easiest way to tell them apart is if it has the square power buttons and the power meter on the left, it's obsolete.

With all that said, it looks like a practically brand new machine. The inside of the cabinet is usually blasted by chips. That's just the nature of being what it is. The fact that it shows so little wear, indicates that it probably truly has low hours and soft usage.
Hello and thanks for a great answer =)
Today I have been on site and looked at the machine,

Seems to be in really good condition, 10000hours total spindletime, 28000 toolchanges.

Unfortunately no usb or similar, but it got a special option, Ethernet connection that they have used to transfer files as a "network harddisk" files up to 55MB they used to make test molds(aluminium) for plastic press.

Spoken to the service people at site and Also haas personel, they grant to have all parts in stock except control pcb for atleast 10 yrs ahead. That's a good thing. Little worried regarding the large 40x40cm mainboard tho...

Is there any 3party option that makes it's possible to transfer via USB?

/Best regards Fredrik