587,023 active members*
4,187 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > PlanetCNC > Correct Settings for the ExtInOut Board Connection

Exclamation Correct Settings for the ExtInOut Board Connection

Hello, I have a problem.

Anytime I enable an output of my installed ExtInOut Board like via M64 H1 P1 Q1 or by sending #<_extout1|2> = 1 or #<_extout1|7> = 1 it works like a single time.

But if I enable a second output then all Output relays go like crasy. They go on and off randomly and in a infinite loop. Only when i hit the Estop button or I set all outputs to 0 then the Boards stops clicking like hell after a few minutes. I have added a photo of the glitched board.

I have the 24V version, I use a seperate Power supply for all Output Boards and the red MicroMatch Connector Cable is as short as possible. My idea is that i have set the wrong settings in the EXT tab of the settings. I have also added a photo of the settings. Can you tell me if their correct and if not, what I should insert.

I use the board to control pneumatic valves whitch need 24V. Should I use another seperate supply for those? My guess is no, because this glitching also happens if no cables are connected (see the photos I attached).

Another idea I thought about was that the ExtInOut Board has no flyback diodes visible on the PCB and maybe thats why its glitching out. But the switching IC has inbuilt flyback diodes. So thats no issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails settings.jpg   output_1_and_2_activated.jpg   output_1_activated.jpg  

Re: Correct Settings for the ExtInOut Board Connection

I have checked my config and I have set "latch" on the sel1 pin and 200ms. But I think the 200ms are not important.

For the magnetic valves you have to use flyback diods as close to the valve as possible. It drive me crazy but it is working stable if you do so even if you use same power supply. I personaly use a combination of diode and z-diode to limit the reverse voltage to aprox 30v