586,077 active members*
3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > How to know if you have Macros option on your haas pre NGC

How to know if you have Macros option on your haas pre NGC

I have a Haas super mini mill with a pre NGC and I'm trying to figure out if I have the macros option on this machine. ( I purchased this machine used )

I've turned on my emergency lock.

Then went into setting 7 and turned my parameter lock OFF

But from there I just can't seem to find where the setting is to turn macros on.

I know you have to have a code to turn them on, but I can't seem to even get to that point to see if they are turned on.

So just need some help finding where that setting is located.

Thanks,

Kent

Re: How to know if you have Macros option on your haas pre NGC

Ok, I just found it... ( it was in the common section in the parameters on the second page down the list )

When I turned mine to a "!" it allowed it, but it has a "T" behind it, so I'm assuming this is a Trial?

After I turned the macros on, I tried to go into my offsets but I'm not seeing the probing options like you normally see.

Is this because I don't have the hardware actually hooked up ( probe and tool setter ) ?

Thanks,

Kent

To use probing you need these options enabled (all behind unlock codes): spindle orientation, macros, coordinate rotation and scaling. You also need the Renishaw probing 9000 series programs. Obviously, you need the tool setter and the probe, the interface cable and other tidbits.

If you still have the manual that came with your machine, there should be a page in the back with all of your unlock codes listed for those options. If you don't have that, you're at the mercy of your HFO to look them up and give them to you. If they don't have the sales records of your machine, it could get interesting.

What year machine?
    Greg

Thanks Greg,

I checked the owners manual and it looks like the previous owner purchased rigid tapping, but not the Macros and other options you mentioned.

I went ahead and put the Macros / Spindle Orientation / Coordinate rotation and scaling into trial mode just for the fun of it.... and I noticed I'm still not seeing the screens I'm use to seeing for probing ( for example on my other haas that does have a probe when I go into my offsets screen and keep arrowing to the left I eventually get to the screen that will give me probing options.

Is the reason I'm not seeing these screen because I don't have the Renishaw probing 9000 program loaded on the machine?

On that note, I'm guessing a haas dealer tech haas to do the install of the Renishaw program?

One last question.... Since I already have a probe on my other haas.... I'm guessing I can't share the probe between both machines? ( assuming I had the other hardware such as the optic eye and board on both machines )

Thanks again Greg...

Kent

Ehh, there may be a software parameter that has to be turned on as well. I've never seen it added to later machines. Early probing systems did everything as a series of Visual Quick Code templates. I believe VQC was also a parameter you had to pay for back then.
    Greg

VQC was additional software you had to purchase back then. When the machine was installed, the VQC was also installed by the tech. At least that's how our Mini was setup, but we also don't have probing on that machine.