586,075 active members*
3,594 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Dynapath > Reading ahead in program while drip feeding - Delta 20

Reading ahead in program while drip feeding - Delta 20

Hi all

I'm getting to grips with drip feeding programs to my Delta 20 control, and I realized I have no idea how to see where I am in the program (or what's coming next)

To give an example: I have a short program where I spot drill 4 holes, then through drill them with a 1/2" drill.

When I hit cycle start, the mill immediately starts the spot drill cycle (doesn't stop for the initial tool change, which is a little disconcerting), then at the end of the spot drilling, it just sits there on line 127 waiting for me to hit cycle start again.

Line 128 calls the next tool (I have no toolchanger on the machine) and has the spindle speed (which I have to set manually on this machine), but I don't see any way to actually "look ahead" and see the next line of the program.

If I've forgotten what the next tool is, or what the spindle speed is supposed to be, I have to go back to the computer to see what's coming next. Hopefully I'm just missing the obvious, and there's a way of doing this?

Thanks in advance

Lee

Re: Reading ahead in program while drip feeding - Delta 20

I understand yuu use Fusion 360 from previous posts. Did you fill out the comment line in the Post Processor section of the tool library? That sould show up on your screen when a tool change is called.

You can also print out the setup sheet which will list out all the tools in order by operation and with parameters.

RT

Quote Originally Posted by cngbrick View Post
    I understand yuu use Fusion 360 from previous posts. Did you fill out the comment line in the Post Processor section of the tool library? That sould show up on your screen when a tool change is called.

You can also print out the setup sheet which will list out all the tools in order by operation and with parameters.

RT
    Thanks RT, I'll take a look at the comment line

I did think about printing out setup sheets as a workaround, but was hoping to avoid having to do that for every job - I don't run production, so it's just an extra step every time. I figured I was missing some basic function... Seems a bit weird that it's not possible to see the code...

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leeko View Post
    When I hit cycle start, the mill immediately starts the spot drill cycle
    ...one way to hold machine starting movement before Cycle Start in DNC.....is using the Feedrate Override control turn down to 0%...the DNC should continue Buffering til full.

...As far as your Post Processing like RT said...can be setup for better Part Program outputs with operator comments inserted. Which you should be able to view Program progress while running with Mode Select>Program and soft keys options..... on D20's maybe different. To insert Text the Format is
    Nxxxx(T) INSERT TEXT HERE 63 CHAR MAX$

DJ

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ... To insert Text the Format is
    Nxxxx(T) INSERT TEXT HERE 63 CHAR MAX$

DJ
    ...this needs correcting. Should be 16 characters max

...this needs correcting. Should be 16 characters max
    I found it! It's under "choose display --> block mode". Then it shows the next 8 or so lines of code. Weee!

Thanks for all the help everyone

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leeko View Post
    I found it! It's under "choose display --> block mode". Then it shows the next 8 or so lines of code. Weee!

Thanks for all the help everyone

Lee
    You're welcome. Glad to be any help.

....a few more things I learned about Dynapath's last few years. had some nice features but, 1st they are a pain in ass to program from the Operators Panel with Cad/Cam system programming is much easier and less time consuming. More helpful note about the "-" key can be used to backup...like when Editing if, need to backup one Line or Char in the line by hitting the minus sign 1st then Event,next line, etc.....the Minus sign "-" can also be used to clear Table memory storage all at once. @T-1T/ and @E-1E/ is the way the manual shows the Format but, I have not tested it. ...one more thing with the thing of no MDI Mode ....want I do is the very 1st Program file I named MDI. and can quickly switch to it to do manual things mill, drill, etc.

Enjoy,
    DJ

I found it! It's under "choose display --> block mode"
    not sure, but you may have switched display mode between buffer and execution; or read ahead and block ... same thing

i realized I have no idea how to see where I am in the program (or what's coming next)
    why would you need such infos ? what's next ?

generally, issue is custom restart, if needed, but maybe there are other reasons / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

You're welcome. Glad to be any help.

....a few more things I learned about Dynapath's last few years. had some nice features but, 1st they are a pain in ass to program from the Operators Panel with Cad/Cam system programming is much easier and less time consuming. More helpful note about the "-" key can be used to backup...like when Editing if, need to backup one Line or Char in the line by hitting the minus sign 1st then Event,next line, etc.....the Minus sign "-" can also be used to clear Table memory storage all at once. @T-1T/ and @E-1E/ is the way the manual shows the Format but, I have not tested it. ...one more thing with the thing of no MDI Mode ....want I do is the very 1st Program file I named MDI. and can quickly switch to it to do manual things mill, drill, etc.

Enjoy,
    DJ
    Thanks very much DJ! I'm going to have to re-read your message a couple times while standing at the control to digest it, I think - the dynapath control does take a little head-wrapping to figure out how to do things