586,884 active members*
3,974 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hurco Hawk 40

Hello All,
    I just purchased a Hawk 40. It was working fine then it started to shut down on me.
    I can boot it up and calibrate it then after 20 mins or so it will shut down and try to boot back up.
    It also was turning on the coolant pump and the lights on the jog remote. I 've tried to search this with no luck.
    Any help would definitely be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Re: Hurco Hawk 40

...Power supply voltage check 5vdc 12vdc 24vdc...check the AC Ripple on each of them may be the cause.. Volt Meter put on AC lowest scale to check the ripple voltage.....or Overtemp/Heat from a non-working cooling electronics Fan motor

DJ

Thanks, I'll check the AC Ripple. I did check the power supply voltage and that looks good. I did notice the fan for the drives isn't working.

...another thing to look for....Transistors or the cooling fins/heat exchanges on any Transistors with dust or oily build up of years of shop life on any of the PCB's. That fan you found not working may fix your problems I'll bet....good eye.

DJ

Ok here's what i found. the fan under the drives wasn't working so I replaced that. I don't see any dust or oil buildup on any of the cards. The thing looks like it hasn't been used.
    I checked the AC ripple and its zero so i assume that it is good. I have the 12v -12v and 5.10vdc but i see the 5v light on the back panel doesn't light like the 12v ones.
    I pulled all the cards and cleaned the pins and put them back in. So now it's doing the same thing but i see it has an overtemp on the can bus card.
    I don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated!!!