586,299 active members*
3,840 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > reading v20 files in 2007

reading v20 files in 2007

Hi all
    i have just tried reading our G Code files from our library and it will not read them. they open up in V20 Ok. I have looked at the NC File extension box and am not sure what to put in. Our programme files end with .CNC

Update
    Whilst typing this i have just had a call from Bob-Cad. Nice guy, who explained that i need to upgrade my predator editor up to to level 2, to allow reading of our G code files. I am a bit miffed with Bob-Cad for not explaining this. This is a major issue. We have hundreds of hours of programming in our library and this package will not allow us to view previous G code files created in Bob-Cad or on our machine.
    This is a set back for us. I am waiting for a quote from bob-Cad to upgrade our recent purchase.
    If anyone has any thought on this i would like to hear them.
    Regards
    Dave

i dont think i completly understand what your problem is but try changing the file extension to .txt and opening it in notepad then copy and paste into a blank nc window

The other thing to consider is what version those files were created in and the extension which they were saved with.

If the file was saved out of V20 as a .cnc file then you will need to open it in V20 and save it as a Text File. This is because the .cnc format is used by BobCAD to maintain the remationship between the NC_Code and the drawing window. You know the little red arrow that tracks around the window as you move the cursor through the program? That is what uses the BobCAD .cnc format.

Regards

Thanks for that. I will save a prog back in V20 to .TXT then send it to v22 and see how it goes.
    Dave