586,103 active members*
2,878 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Upgraded to closed loop steppers does not cut a circle

Upgraded to closed loop steppers does not cut a circle

So i made my own cnc, i made the frame, assembled everything, i already had open loop steppers with a controller board from genmitshu 3040, everything worked as expected with the open loop motors.

I wired everything for the new motors with they'r own controllers, but for the input on the new drivers i connected the PUL+- and DIR+- to the old connection heads A+- B+- from the genmitsu board (first picture bellow the connections for the motors are on the top of the image)

i dialed it in, made sure every thing works as it should, and also made sure it goes the expected distances.

now when it comes to manufacuring i did a test cut and the result was as expected untill it had to cut a cirlce.

what i mean is, it goes to the point where it should make the cut, goes Z down, moves the X axis but not the Y axis, the result is a line on the X axis second image bellow, bottom right should be a circle, the other shapes are correct as in my drawings and in a +- 0.10 mm range.
    2d contour happens the same, it only "activates" the X axis
    To note that this only happens if i do pocket clearing (does not matter if i set plunge or helix or other for Z), if i chose 2d adaptive clearing it makes the circle as expected but then the whole maschine starts to vibrate really hard, i tried lower feed and it kinda stopped vibrating but it still does
    Note! i don't have any documentation for the genmitsu board

Any ideas?

Re: Upgraded to closed loop steppers does not cut a circle

Your issue is you connected PUL+ and DIR+ to differential signals A+ and B+, those two are not compatible. The first signal set is for step and direction, the second pair are the two phases of motion on a given axis, review your manuals and you will see what I a, talking about

but jogging the X and Y at the same time using software works?
    why would go to zero X Y would be different from a pocket clearing ?
    and why would 3d adaptive works?
    i have so many questions still. sure there are things i don't realy understand and i appreciate your comment. i really like doing this and i want to learn more

Note: i ordered a new board that works with GRBL, hopefully it works with GSender

now that you mention it, i took a better look at the manual here https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/do...CL57T_V4.0.pdf and you are right, there is my mistake
    but then, since i dont have any documentation from the genmitsu board, is there a way to know wich is PUL and DIR on A B connections? and is it possible to make it work?