586,103 active members*
3,268 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Controller for 3 axis

Hi,
    I am posting for my husband who is usually working his regular job while trying to get his CNC running correctly. He has recently returned the controller due to issues and is now looking for a different one. We need to find something soon because he has orders that we want to get done. He says that he is looking for a cheaper alternative to run a 3 axis. He is also trying to find a good router machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Controller for 3 axis

Quote Originally Posted by SusanRains View Post
    Hi,
    I am posting for my husband who is usually working his regular job while trying to get his CNC running correctly. He has recently returned the controller due to issues and is now looking for a different one. We need to find something soon because he has orders that we want to get done. He says that he is looking for a cheaper alternative to run a 3 axis. He is also trying to find a good router machine. Any help would be appreciated.
    H'mmmm. I think any good answer will need some background information.

First Machine ? Was it running at all ? What control was he having trouble with ? How much money is involved in a "cheaper Alternative" ?

What might he be making with this machine ?

There is no shortage of CNC controls out there currently. You can find them from practically free via LinuxCNC or Arduino, thru a gaggle of operational controls between say, $299 and $500, as well as those that run up to perhaps $2000 with all the options.

Answers to the above might give a better idea towards a recommendation, but, mostly, an answer to this is pretty much dictated by how much you have to spend for something currently.
    Chris L

The first one he bought didn't work, so he's looking for something even cheaper? Good luck with that...
    Andrew Werby
    Website

There are many solutions. Post a picture of the machine and the old controller. What is the budget?