586,106 active members*
3,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234
    THIS is a SICK SICK SICK Machine! I hope Santa gives everyone in this forum one for Christmas

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV42O09JnOk[/ame]

Ooooh ra good buddy,
    I was not a marine but I was a merchant marine if that counts for anything. Thank god you are alive and thank you very much for your good service to us and our nation. I work as a technician on the space shuttle at Kennedy Space Center but as a part time endeavor I make signs on the side, you can see my site and my work at http://www.signsalive.net. I make all kinds of neat stuff on my 4X8 shopbot router and I would highly recomend it. The shopbot has open ends and I think you would have any trouble operating it at all. The shopbot is a very fast and accurate tool, has great support and is easy to assemble. My shopbot cost around $9,000 but it is some of the best money I have ever spent. I was going to build a cnc router from scratch, But I would have spent months and a lot of money doing it and I wanted to get into action real fast. If you go to my site you will see some of the work I do and i can tell you the "bot" is very precise and capable of doing the very finest sculpture relief work. If you have any questions or i can help you in any way just drop me a line at [email protected] and remember the site were all the signs are is at http:www.signsalive.net
    Carry on,
    Mark.........

Michael,
    I've come across a fourth matching stepper to toss into my offer to you.

Also a small windfall will allow me to pick up the shipping.

Again, PM an address and date!

jb

First off, thank you everyone so much. I want to be honest with you, while I am activally working on this I still do not have everything narrowed down as such. If the final plans I end up with don't fit what you have so generously given to me I will either ship the items back to you or try to barter them for something else that is needed.

After the holidays I will be ready to start and I am going to make this a well documented and transparent process. I have so many people offering to help and I fell the best way to make sure everyone feels it is all on the up and up is a kinda full disclousure work in progress approach complete with pictures and a updated thread.

My wife's commissions have been light this month at her job, so I have given my 400.oo I have made from the Christmas Cutouts to her for the Holiday budget, but it will all work out.

And on January 31st, I'll do our taxes and have some money to work with a week later, so the plan is to have the garage and my computer room all cleaned, redone, Ebayed by then, and a finite set of plans and a parts list compiled so that I can set this baby in motion.

I hope each of you are blessed many times over, your thoughtful offers and genuine willingness to lend a hand either with items or advice is very humbling and reminds me of the commeradity we had in the Marines for each other.

I do pledge that after I get up and running, and have anything to offer or contribute that I will " Pay it Forward" when I can to the next person that the forum rallies behind.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Respectfully,
    Michael Fuller

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday. Looking forward to starting the build in January, garage is cleaned up, and I'm ready. talk to you all soon, thanks for the warm welcome to the forums and the offers for assistance. See you all around soon...

/salute

Michael

And may you have a Happy New Year!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Hi Michael,

Just remember there are many here that may never post, but are cheering you on, and hopefully praying you on. I have offered what I can in an earlier post, so when you start building let the fourm know what you need.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hi Michael,

I am a disabled CNC owner (Stroke) and have only the left arm and leg working properly. I did just over 20 years in the RAAF (Aust Air Force) before starting a Computer business but that all finished nearly six years ago now.

My CNC Router build is here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35996 and you will find the guys here very helpful. Mine was built using the Item frame because it was nice and easy and with only one hand it had to be. I had some help from one of the guys here on the Zone and heaps of advice from a lot of people

Cheers,
    Bob

Cool

Hello Everyone! :wave:

Well it seems like it has been Years since I posted when in fact it has only been a few months. Good news is real life has calmed down, and I will start my build first week of April. I am building a Joe CNC Hybrid with some mods I am going to add myself.

This was a good path for me, I bought the kit from Joe with all the MDF and HDPE parts pre cut and have a set of plans to follow. I thank you all for your generosity and advice and look forward to sharing my build here as I go.

Have a wonderful day, and talk to all you guys soon. :banana:

Respectfully,

Michael Fuller

Mjolnir07's Joe CNC Hybrid

Drumroll............Tada! OK, well I have started my build. It is a modded Joe CNC Hybrid affectionatly named Mjolnir Hammer's Hybrid and it started taking shape today! The name is kinda of a play on words on Thor's Hammer and is a name I use in alot of online games I have or do play, so it just kinda stuck.

Anyway, I have the Kit and plan's from Joe..YaY! And have ammassed a good portion or stuff and am starting my base and top. This won't be the fastest build by far, nor will it be the best, but when we are done we can joke with anyone and say..hey a Caveman may not be able to do it but a wheelchair dude in Houston did!

All self and friend joking aside I am really excited and look forward to making this work. Thanks for the help and encouragement and I'll flood the place with questions or challenges as they arise. Talk to you guys soon.

Respectfully,

Michael Fuller
    a.k.a.
    Mjolnir Hammer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MHH001.jpg   MHH002.jpg   MHH003.jpg  

A disability does not take anything away, it concentrates skills and abilities in other areas and is only a handicap if one chooses to use it as an excuse. You have not and I, for one, will continue to shout encouragement from the side lines.

More pictures please!
    Simper Fi!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Looking good, nice to have a face to the name, Look forward to seeing the build, let us know if you need anything, we are all here to help.

Joe

Lookin Good.
    Glad to see you are started.
    If there is anything we can do, just shout.

Top notch Marine. Good to see that you have started a machine. This will be a thrill for you when you cut your first project.

Old Navy Chief.

Hi Michael,

Good on you for starting

I am disabled as well and it is wonderful therapy and I would not be dead for quids the CNC is great for making mates too among other things!

Cheers,
    Bob

Progress...

:wave:

Well made some progress the last few days. I decided to make the machine Red/White/Blue...and you may see a few Marine icons added here or there.

I'm not sure the Z-Axis carriage went together 100% correctly. Too early to tell, but if there is a issue it is from me over tightening the all thread connections too much on the pre fit.

Waiting on the 80/20 to show up, ordered the Flange Bearing mounts...still have more stuff to buy but will get to it as I can. Forgot how much I miss making stuff lol, well have a great day all, talk to you soon.
    Hey a quick question. If you were cutting foam, like to make seasonal decorations from block foam, and wanted to route names, designs, etc...if you ran a grounding strap from the frame and the router housing to say a true grounding copper rod, would that eliminate the static charge that makes routed foam bits want to stick to everything?

And is anyone going to or planning on bolting this to the floor? I was thinking of sinking some threaded lugs and then bolting it down all level and sturdy and such, figured with my wheelchair I have a good possiability of smacking it alot, and figured bolting it down would be helpful.../shrug

Respectfully,

Michael Fuller
    a.k.a.
    Mjolnir Hammer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MHH 004.jpg   MHH 005.jpg   MHH 007.jpg  

Great color scheme!

Okie Dokie....well I for the controller I scavenged an old electrial box and some sanding and painting and I think we have a winner...28x16x6 should work ok.

Got the table and base kinda together. Had to shorten the legs to work for me and move some bracing around. Trying to get it all square at the moment. Have a inside measurement between the 80/20's of 58 1/8 inches, and having hell getting it to stay square and get it down to 58" even between the parallel 80/20's. My corner measurement is not dead on, so I am just missing something that must have racked it one way or another, I shouldn't be 95 3/8 on one corner to corner and 94 5/8 on the other....more attempts at it tomorrow.

I got the flange bearings, 6 of the 7 have a 204 on em and one has a 202, all the boxes were 204, but I think I will still ask to replace the 202 to a 204. But I have a few questions about em. I tried to show in the pic below, but they don't all seem seated all the way or something. A few are almost 1/8th away from being square...looks like they weren't pressed in al the way or got pressed in at a angle? Think I can fix this with my vise and a few blocks of wood? Or just ask for new ones, not sure if they are "rigid" or float some in that housing and will true up once I put them on the machine. Anyway, thanks for the comments and help...talk to you all soon....

Respectfully,

Michael Fuller
    a.k.a.
    Mjolnir Hammer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MHH4 053.jpg   MHH4 057.jpg   MHH4 065b.jpg   MHH4 067b.jpg  

Yes the bearings will move and even out i taped mine into place, they are made to kinda self align to an extent.

There is a discussion on them in the Support forum i have, if you need the link again let me know i can email it to you, it will help you out allot.

joe

Hello fellow addicts! Been toiling away today. My controller is a "rescued" electrical supply box originally used as a house main breaker box. But it needed to have some character added to it. So I had a friend help me cut out an area and will have a clear see thru window in it. I have built and " modded " 50 or so computers in my day. And I think a few cool little gadgets may have to sneak their way inside the controller...anyways here are a few new pics.

I really like alot of the differant things people are doing with the builds. This project has a way of evolving as you go hehe.... talk to you all soon.

/salute
    Respectfully,

Michael Fuller
    a.k.a.
    Mjolnir Hammer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MHH5 012.jpg   MHH5 015.jpg   MHH5 018.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 1234