586,075 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SprutCAM X 17

Is anybody here planning to upgrade to the new version of SprutCAM that has just been released?

Re: SprutCAM X 17

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH1953 View Post
    Is anybody here planning to upgrade to the new version of SprutCAM that has just been released?
    Yes. I upgrade whenever they release a new version to stay current.
    I contacted Tormach before the holidays and finally received a quote and ordered it last week. Haven’t received the license file yet but I’m sure it’s forthcoming. Some of the new features look useful I’m just hoping my circa 2020 computer won’t require upgrading to run it effectively!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SC 17 seems to run just fine on my older PC with Win 10. I upgraded to the 5-axis version in anticipation of a new mill this spring some time. That should be fun to learn.

5-axis wow. You’ll have to invite me over and show me that when it arrives Mike. It’s been awhile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Paul! I just sent in a deposit and they will start building the mill soon. It's a brand new machine so I will be a guinea pig, much as I was with my S/N 119 PCNC 1100. Hope I have as good luck with it as I have with the Tormach.

It should be here in April sometime. I've got quite a bit to do to rearrange the shop before it gets here.