586,108 active members*
3,117 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > HAAS closed loop vector drive 30/40hp

Question HAAS closed loop vector drive 30/40hp

Hi all,

I hope someone can guide me? I have a Haas drive that is giving me some problems that don't add up.
    as soon as we want to run the spindle drive the motor will start to accelerate (few seconds)but trip out with errors
    102 servo off
    160 low voltage
    123 spindle drive fault

however we have noticed that when the drive starts to accelerate the dc bus does start to rise out of its normal spec.

the drive has been electronically tested with no errors.
    input voltage is in perfect range
    regen resistor is perfect

has any experienced this error and what are we missing?

Re: HAAS closed loop vector drive 30/40hp

Are you getting power straight from the city or are you on a phase converter?

What is the incoming power measuring and which set of taps are you connected to? Is it close (bottom of the range)?
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    Are you getting power straight from the city or are you on a phase converter?

What is the incoming power measuring and which set of taps are you connected to? Is it close (bottom of the range)?
    yes all those basics have been checked and are perfect. we even moved the taps one up to see if it made a difference and it didn't, power comes straight from the city.

What year is the machine?

When you start the spindle, are you watching the DC bus voltage on the Diagnostics screen? Does it go down on that screen or are you measuring it with a voltmeter as it drops? Whatever it shows on the diagnostics screen is what the control is going to respond to. If that dips below--I think--300V, it triggers the low voltage alarm.

It gets that signal from the Vector Drive and--depending on the year--it goes to a connector on the MoCon board. If you have a later machine with a MainCon, I'm not as familiar but, the basics will be the same.
    Greg

...I was reading just the other day about this Low Voltage Alarm bug on Haas machines...if, you read reply #14 in this thread below someone has a work around.
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/haas-...-problems.html
    this may or may not help ya...
    Good luck,
    DJ