586,103 active members*
3,405 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Choosing Chinese VFD For 1000HZ engraving spindle

Question Choosing Chinese VFD For 1000HZ engraving spindle

I have been looking for a VFD that is capable of 1000hz out frequency and I have discussed this in previous thread and the conclusion is almost all brand name VFDs are expensive and above my current budget so I decided to look into the Chinese brands.

I have now 2 candidates

134$
    SUNFAR 2.2KW 3HP 1000HZ VFD Inverter :
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32627570097.html

114$
    BEST 1.5kw 2HP 1000HZ VFD Inverter:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32627438438.html

If someone has good experience with one of these VFDs or has better candidate, please provided
    One thing that is the most important I want to be able to control it from the PC
    So if someone tried one of those mentioned above please tell use your experience with it !

Re: Choosing Chinese VFD For 1000HZ engraving spindle

What do you mean control from the PC?

There are multiple different ways to control most VFDs
    RS485 / modbus
    0-10V
    Etc etc
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Hi,
    all VFDs tend to be very similar in terms of PC control. All of them have either analog voltage and/or analog current speed control and most have
    MODBUS control via RS485. Some of the Chinese brands do not faithfully follow the MODBUS protocol which can cause issues when you try to use
    your controllers MODBUS module which does comply. Other than that either will perfectly well controlled by a PC....not much bloody good if they could not be!

As for which one is better....no idea.....

Craig

I meant by controlling from PC, that it would be easy and is following any known standard!

Also the VFD must have proper manual as well that I can trust!

Hi,

Also the VFD must have proper manual as well that I can trust!
    Unfortunately Chinese manufactured VFDs tend to have anywhere from fair to downright atrocious manuals, that's just the way they are.
    If you cant afford to get Japanese, European or US made, then you'll just have to accept what the Chinese offer.

Craig

But there must be some Chinese brands with better overall quality than others, right ? that's what I am trying to find out now

Hi,
    this is a circular argument, I know of one brand (made in China) of Taiwanese design, Delta, and has the quality you seek, but you don't want to pay.

Craig

The lowest price I can get for a Delta Driver that support my requirements is over 300$
    Which is not practical for me!

Hi,
    lack of money....is a problem I know well....and CNC seems always to push the boundary.

You can have quality, at a price which is just beyond your reach OR you can get Chinese, the best you can afford, but the quality and support is questionable.

If you can figure out a third alternative I'm all ears....but the Chinese are not magic, they can do cheap of dubious quality, or good quality but costs way more, end of story.

Craig

I had a deal for VFD7A5MS21ANSHA+10DWCG5 Filter for around 230$ but still not totally finished yet!
    If I have this deal done, I will definitely come back and ask for help for the settings