586,108 active members*
2,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > A new book on Fanuc CNC lathe programming at a discounted price of $0.99

A new book on Fanuc CNC lathe programming at a discounted price of $0.99

May like to have a look ...
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CDCLSHWJ

The discounted price applicable today only. The regular price is $4.99
    Paperback 11.99 and hardcover 19.99
    It is a 480-page book.

Re: A new book on Fanuc CNC lathe programming at a discounted price of $0.99

Bit of self promotion going on here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Bit of self promotion going on here ?
    Ok.
    I wanted to delete this message, but there seems to be no way. Mod may delete it.
    Even editing is not possible.

As a moderator, I don't see a reason to delete the thread. Yes, there is a bit of self-promotion, but if an author doesn't publicize a book, who will?

In my view, the only question is which subforum the thread belongs in, and as the book seems Fanuc related this subforum seems appropriate to me.

sinha_nsit, if you really want the thread deleted, send me a PM.

Since only one forum member found the thread a bit inappropriate, there is no reason to delete it. He also will perhaps change his mind if he comes to know more about me.
    So, let me introduce myself.

I am a prolific writer, with more than a dozen books to my credit. My most popular book is "CNC Programming using Fanuc Custom Macro B," published by McGraw-Hill, New York.
    Today, anyone who wants to learn macro programming on Fanuc control, in depth, reads either Peter Smid or my book, across the globe. In fact, Smid's book is more suitable for older Fanuc controls, whereas my book is more suitable for newer i-series controls. To be honest, I initially learnt basics of macro programming from his book only,

As regards the book I was referring to in this thread, it was written keeping in mind the needs of absolute beginners in the CNC area, who may not even be knowing the difference between G-codes and M-codes, and still want to develop CNC expertise on their own. Starting from scratch, the book thoroughly explains all the commonly used G codes, including live tooling, polygon turning etc. It also covers basics of macro programming as well as probing applications, and a bit of FMS. It took me 13 months to write this book. Free sample from the book is available on the amazon site. The kindle version displays 40% of the content, without the need to purchase the book. Please read it and post your honest review on the amazon site (no purchase needed).

The price of the 500-page book was $0.99 for four days. Today it is $1.99. Tomorrow $2.99, thereafter $4.99.

By sharing my knowledge, I think, I am actually serving the CNC community. Earning royalty has never been my goal,

In any case, I am not like just another person wandering on the streets. It hurts me if somebody feels that I am doing self-promotion. I am, of course, promoting the book, as it is pretty useful. Please do have a look at it.

Thank you for patiently reading all this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Since only one forum member found the thread a bit inappropriate.
    Never did I say it was inappropriate.

Anything that does not seem "right", goes straight to the report button, for the mods to judge if anything needs booting out. I don't like posts that are dodgy, with links to sites that want to drag zoners to the "other side"
    Or their topic is not of this (CNCzone) world, like how to make your things bigger (use your imagination)

I wonder if my 1st comment actually created more interest in the book..... sinha, where's my commission ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    sinha, where's my commission ? LOL
    Let us hope we meet some day over drinks!

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Let us hope we meet some day over drinks!
    I'll have to settle with that for my take