586,114 active members*
3,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > Issue with hyperthem powermax 45 xp on premier plasma table

Issue with hyperthem powermax 45 xp on premier plasma table

I'm completely new to plasma cutting and cnc plasma tables, so I apologize in advance If my issue is something simple.

Okay so my equipment: hypertherm powermax 45 xp, premier plasma table 5x10, proma thc, the software im using is punch! ViaCad, sheetcam, and mach3.
    (Also this was all purchased together used)

My external psi during a pressure check is around 100 and internal is at 70psi. I do have a gauge at the rear of the unit and air filter and regulator on my air line. The hose is a 3/8 at 25 feet.

Okay so my issue I'm having is when I run a cut, if it's a small simple design it cuts perfectly fine. If i do something a bit more detailed or larger with longer cuts, the torch will stop firing about half way or so through the program, but the table continues to run the code. If this happens closer to the end of a cut it will finish that cut with the torch off and then go up re-probe for the next cut and the torch works like nothing even happen. Normally this isn't the case and will not re-fire unless I turn it off and back on. As for fault lights and codes, this is where it gets interesting. The system fault led is on (yellow) ac led is on (green) and the fault code will show 10-0 and go back to showing the amps. The lights do stay on until the unit is restarted. Ive been having this issues since I've had it(about 2 months) I've been cutting on a sheet of 16 gauge.

If anyone has any idea of what's going on or any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

Re: Issue with hyperthem powermax 45 xp on premier plasma table

Hi,
    its been some years since I worked on Hypertherms, but I did so for some years. I cannot remember what the 10-0 code means. Look it up.

I do recall there is at least one fault, I think it's 'Parts in Pace', that if it gets triggered the plasma machine has to be power cycled to get back operating. Its deemed a danger to the operator
    and no mere RESET is adequate to clear this particular fault.

Craig