586,100 active members*
3,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > Nx cam and uccnc

Nx cam and uccnc

Hello,
    My googlefu and search abilities failed to find answer to my question which is: is there a post processor for uccnc in nx?

I tried googling and searched from the nx Post Hub and did not find any.

Little background: I am a hobbyist with a DIY router style 3-axis mill. I currently have a c94 control board and uccnc and I use fusion 360 for my cad and cam. So far I have been satisfied with it. But now I have an opportunity to use Nx as cad and cam software thanks to my current workplace.

Is it possible to use Nx cam and uccnc as control software? I would think so but can't find any info on it. There is Mach3 post processors which is much older so is uccnc so new that they have not yet made generic post processors for it? I have understood that you can make your own post processors with nx but I'm not sure I have the knowledge to do it myself.

Has anyone done/tried it before? Or know anything about the subject?

Re: Nx cam and uccnc

If it is Fanuc compatible, or fairly close, there are a number of basic, fanuc compatible posts included with NX. Not in front of an NX computer at the moment but I believe one of them is called 3ax_turbo or something similar. Try look for posts named simply "fanuc" as well. At your workplace I'm sure a coworker could point you towards a basic post that's close to what you need so you'll have little to no editing of the nc file.