586,096 active members*
3,164 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Wasino LG-71 Spindle drive parameters - HELP!

Wasino LG-71 Spindle drive parameters - HELP!

Hello All -
    I recently purchased a Wasino LG-71 with a Fanuc OT controller. When I went to pick it up, the guy had it pulled in and showed me how to run it a little bit and everything seemed to work just fine. No issues that I could tell. So we loaded it on my trailer and I hauled it home and unloaded it. I have it in my shop and wired in. And now the problems have came out of the wood work.

I am getting the AL-17 alarm on the little display in the control cabinet. From the research that I have completed, I believe that I have to reset and re-initialize the spindle drive parameters. The guy told me that those parameters could be lost if the batteries died or were removed without the power on. I am thinking that the machine bouncing down the road could have potentially caused the batteries to wiggle enough to loose contact long enough to loose the parameters. However, I checked them and they seemed to be in there pretty well with good contact.

Am I on the right path with the alarm that I am seeing?

Where do I go from here?

Does anyone know how I get the parameter list? and what the settings are?

Does anyone have the procedure to complete the process?

The other strange thing is that some times the AL-17 error displays clearly on the display and sometimes the display flickers and you cant read anything. If I turn the machine on for a little while and let it warm up, the display seems to work better.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Re: Wasino LG-71 Spindle drive parameters - HELP!

DID YOU SOLVE IT ?

No, I have not had a chance to work on it lately. But I am starting back into it. I have not found anyone who has been able to help. I recently reached out to the company who now owns Wasino to see if they will be able to help.

what is the code number of the spindle unit?
    is the spindle with 4 digits led in the control PCB and the small yellow case with 4 buttons under it for setting the parameters?
    if yes,AL-17 means that the ROM in the NVRAM is abnormal
    the parameters for spindle drive are hard input in the NVRAM and has nothing to do with the batery ,even in the new controllers and drives the spindle parameters are not in the spindle module,they are copied in the drive suring boot so spindle drive has no batery attached
    If you have the model number of the spindle motor,the yellow label from the motor,i can find the standar parameters to enter in th NVRAM for setting up
    you also can check if you have the parameters in the folowing method:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle check parameters.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	499936