Hello all,
I have a HAAS VR11 manufactured in 98 that has an air driven umbrella style tool shuttle. When I start the machine, the shuttle is about halfway in / out and will not retract. I've tried the power up restore and tool changer recovery and neither one work. After a few seconds, the 114 "Shuttle Out Fault" comes up. On the Diagnosis screen, "Move Shuttle Out" output goes to 1 when I press "power up restore", but no power is going to the solenoid. The solenoid works, if I manually actuate the solenoid (by pushing it in with a small screwdriver) the shuttle will retract. The 114 Alarm screen says to check relays k9-k12 and fuse F1 on IOPCB. The fuse is good and I swapped the relays with known good ones (we have a second identical machine). Still no luck. Everything on the HAAS service site refers to a motor driven shuttle, not air driven like mine is so it is of little help.

In the manual I have it said that parameter 278 is where the machine is told it has an air driven shuttle. I checked the parameter and "AIR DRV SHTL" is set to 1, just like the other machine.

I'm out of ideas and was hoping someone out there could help me out.
Thanks,
WattageMan