586,075 active members*
3,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > XYZ Gantry Routers > AXYZ 4008 coming out of COVID storage- USBtoRS485 problem

Question AXYZ 4008 coming out of COVID storage- USBtoRS485 problem

Hi everyone,

I have had my poor AXYZ 4008 (2006) in storage since the beginning of the pandemic. It has survived quite well, but my old PC did not. I recovered my data but not anything helpful to get my new computer to talk to the cnc.

I'm wondering if there may be a compatibility issue between the 64bit operating system and the "AXYZ usb to RS-485 optically isolated converter" (AXYZ-USB-1A)

and of course, my Toolpath no longer has the machine configuration settings.

I am planning to get a support call scheduled with AXYZ but would really like to get this thing started this weekend. fingers crossed. Anything that any of you can suggest (drivers, config files etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: AXYZ 4008 coming out of COVID storage- USBtoRS485 problem

A long time ago I knew a man with an AXYZ machine that ran Toolpath and he was strongly advised not to update beyond XP.In your position,I would be very tempted to look on ebay for an old XP machine and swap hard drives.Not having the configuration settings is quite an obstacle and if you can get a computer to work with your hard drive,make a note of everything you find.Does your computer have a means to attach the old hard drive and read the relevant files?

I expect AXYZ tech support can get you running,but it could get expensive.