I am needing to order the final parts for my build and have be concerned about the length of the ball screws and linear rails I need to get...
So, I have wondered if there is a general rule of thumb in what should work with specific dimensions...
let me say here I have no CAD experience to draw this up ... I'm in school learning know...so be kind...
I know my distance from the sacrificial top surface to the bottom of the Gantry will be 6"
The Gantry thickness will be 4" high...
I failing to see the total travel I would need to get me in the ideal realm of what will be needed to order to ensure the most rigidity out of the "Z"
So, with the motor in line with the ball screw...
with a 6" + 4" = 10" 10" is 254mm (actual Ball Screw thread) + 51mm for the lock nut end + 10mm clip end = 315 total
So, a 350mm ball screw work?
250mm linear rails work?
or should I add more to both or one of them? and if so which one?
Should I figure that the (A) bottom of the "Z" (portion the spindle mounts to) come into contact with the spoil board or (B) allow for the bit, spindle nut, and portion of the motor be figured into this equation and subtracted from the OVAL length? with the (B) visually it would mean that less material below the Carriages Gantry would be needed...
All conversation on this would be appreciated ...
Paul