586,103 active members*
3,630 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > CNC Push Button Integration and Configuration

Exclamation CNC Push Button Integration and Configuration

Title:

Description:
    I'm looking for an Arduino and CNC expert to help integrate a push button for initiating the machining cycle on my CNC router. My setup includes an Arduino Mega, RAMPS 1.4 shield, and GRBL firmware, controlled with Universal G-code Sender.

need an Assist in adding and configuring a push button to start the CNC router's machining cycle CNC Push Button Integration and Configuration and the Connection Guidance Provide instructions on connecting the push button to the RAMPS shield.

Let's enhance my CNC router for improved usability and efficiency

Re: CNC Push Button Integration and Configuration

You can not use a button to start a initiate a cycle on your ramps grbl controller. Starting a cycle has to be done using the gcode sender.
    There is a cycle start button that is intended to "continue" the cycle after the "feed hold button" was pressed to hold the currently running cycle.

Fluid NC (port from grblEsp32) can respond to the press of a button and start a cycle.

Read this for more information https://discuss.inventables.com/t/need-to-pause-a-carve-grbl-feed-hold-cycle-start/16419