586,116 active members*
3,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > Hypertherm Powermax 105 Problem - ERROR 0-99

Exclamation Hypertherm Powermax 105 Problem - ERROR 0-99

Hello everyone!
    I hope everyone is having a good day.
    As the title states, I have a problem with my Plasma Arc cutting system (Hypertherm Powermax 105) and its the following;
    - I get an an error on the screen with the following number (0-99)
    - I checked the manual (i attached a screenshot) and it says the porblem is related to hardware and nothing specific. It says to contact a "qualified service technician must service the system. Contact your distributor or authorized repair facility."

Sadly, I cannot contact anyone since I live in a 3rd world country, so im trying to repair this on my own.
    My question is, does anyone know which part in the machine is responsible for this error (in photos if possible)?? I'm trying to read the manual to find a solution but sadly this part discourged me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Hypertherm Powermax 105 Problem - ERROR 0-99

Hi,
    faults that cause that error code are typically major faults like IGBT shoot throughs, or a high frequency transformer arc over. They all result in an excess overcurrent in the primary of the
    high frequency transformer. Without some serious diagnostic gear and some good diagnostic experience repairing it yourself is probably not feasible.

I worked for a company for seven years repairing welding equipment. We were service and sales agents for Hypertherm and 0-99-0 faults usually meant the economic end of the machine.
    We had a 105 that had the same problem, and it was devilishly hard to find, because it was an arc over in the transformer.....not something that readily showed up on any tests. By the time I figured that
    out I'd already fitted new IGBT modules and a main PCB at a cost of thousands. Once we put a new transformer in the machine was good to go, but it was not an economic repair....it was in our
    hire fleet, so the cost over-run was ours to bear rather than a customers.

Craig