586,082 active members*
3,530 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Help get correct lead in / lead out on holes in part

Help get correct lead in / lead out on holes in part

Hey, I can't find a Burny section so please feel free to move this or direct me there.

Our facility is running two plasma machines. Both run hypertherm plasmas and both run on Windows XP with Burny 10. One is Burny 10 v5.0.4 BSP 8 and is newer. The older one is Burny 10 v5.0.6 BSP 2.

We frequently need to use the plasma to cut holes into an angle iron part. I know this isn't what the system is designed for; but we do what the boss says.

On the older machine I have a special "holes-only.ini" configuration file under the AutoCad import section. I can import the file and it will put the lead ins and lead outs "inside" the holes so that we get actual good holes in the part. On the newer machine I've created the exact same configuration, but when I try to import the file it puts the lead ins and lead outs on the "outside" of the holes which means the part has the leads cut into it.

I'm using AutoCad 2013 to draw a hole pattern with nothing but the holes. They are placed on layer 0 (set as base layer in Burny).

I've tried copying the configuration file from one machine to the other and that doesn't work.

Is there anyone that can help me figure out why the newer machine imports differently than the older one? How can we get the same functionality on the newer one?

// Juston

Re: Help get correct lead in / lead out on holes in part

These are photos of the old machine's configuration file. The other machine matches this exactly. I've checked it multiple times.

hy .... try reversing the toolpath creation, maybe is affected by sense ? as i see, those are circle, so ... those can't be reversed

i can only help with dxf automatic editing / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Hey Ladyhawke,
    I think you are referring to "reverse direction and kerf of part"? I've tried reversing that, but it doesn't affect the creation of leads on the outside of the part.

The only control I seem to have is to change those options in the CAD Import Configuration file. The Burny program handles the import and creation of the part program from that file. In CAD, all I'm making are round circles.

// Juston