586,329 active members*
4,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Problem with Madcam 5Xtra milling direction

Problem with Madcam 5Xtra milling direction

Greetings to all! Please help! I need to make the milling parallel to the X axis. As the A axis switches step by step (B does not participate). And I do as in one of the rare tutorials on 5xtra ..... I set the angle limit - 0. Angles from X - 0, line, required safety height and press OK. And madcam calculates. And stubbornly creates milling paths parallel to the Y axis, and unnecessarily rotating the A axis, which greatly increases the milling time!!! More precisely, one time out of ten Madcam calculate right, but the others don't. I do not see the logic in these settings. Please someone explain it to me! Moreover, the program can be tricked by setting the angle from X as to 90. Which is completely opposite to what is written. But in this cas eother errors and artifacts tend to occur. Is the Madcam 5xtra usable ? Actually, I don't need 5xtra at all, but there is a great thing - drive surface - which determines at what angle the milling cutter enters the material. In the four-axis strategy, there is none, and when milling in a circle, the angle simply switches by some degree, which tends to be incorrect and unacceptable. I wrote long, but hopefully understandable. I feel completely desperate. It seems that I have been working with this program for a relatively long time, but here I fail to understand the logic of the authors. P.S I am talking about Madcam plugin for Rhino

Re: Problem with Madcam 5Xtra milling direction

Can you draw "fake" surface so cutter stays in the area you want to cut?

Is your surface or mesh clean?

Cut link distance on cutter, try different settings. Tolerance on cutter, try different settings.

There is a video on YT by Filou that shows how control points work within Madcam.

Reply back when you find the answer

Re: Problem with Madcam 5Xtra milling direction

I done the specific work... I apologize for disappearing - it had to be finished urgently.
    But I did not solve the problem. For a given job, with the same settings, same drive surface ... there were different results. Three times it was calculated incorrectly, the fourth time in the right direction. And it's not the first time. This problem occurs every time I try to use 5Xtra. There are no problems with other strategies. Not 3X, not 4X, not 5X. But they are not always enough. That's why I thought to ask, maybe someone else has encountered a similar problem. I don't understand where to look anymore. Everything that came to mind has been tried.