586,075 active members*
4,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Centurion 6 - program hangs

Centurion 6 - program hangs

I have an RH30. Out of the blue the machine started behaving very strangely. When I try run a program it'll move the head up to toolchange height and then just stop. I can put it in single block mode and I can get it through the first lines of code and then it'll run the program through but it'll then hang on the M05 command and single block won't get it the rest of the way. If I try to enter S1000 M03 in MDI mode it won't run it. It's like it's waiting for something. I'm currently waiting for some parts for the toolchanger so I have the machine running without the ATC. I just run a single tool at a time.

Re: Centurion 6 - program hangs

If I remember correctly in the parameters section of the software, you tell the machine if it has a tool changer or not. The selections toggle from M from Manual to whatever number tool changer you have. I suspect with it thinking it's going through automatic tool changes it's waiting for spindle orient signal, or some other signal before it will proceed.

Re: Centurion 6 - program hangs

I think I figured out what it is - the gear switching contact might be sticky. Suddenly the machine started to work again. The machine is old and has had a hard life. The shop we bought it from didn't take very good care of their machines. Thanks for your reply