586,096 active members*
3,732 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > HELP! FTP woes and Program Transfer Tool

HELP! FTP woes and Program Transfer Tool

I'm really hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I'm a IT/Network guy, and CNC is new to me. I inherited a set up with a couple of Fanuc CNC machine controllers (One: Type 30iB, Series G3D1 Version 21.4 Two: Type 30iB, Series G3D1 Version 25).

They've been loading programs into these via the Embed Ethernet port and a Windows 7 PC running Filezilla. Every attempt I've made to set up a new FTP server on a currently supported OS (Windows 10 or Windows 11) has failed. I've tried configuring Filezilla Server but the only version to download is newer and doesn't have the same settings to work properly. I've removed the windows firewall etc on these attempts. I've tried Solarwinds FTP, and CoreFTP with varying levels of success. On the CNC, the file list will either not load at all, or will load and then freeze up causing a need to reboot the controller. In all cases, I can connect and transfer files back and forth from another PC with no issue, so there's something the CNC is not liking.

I purchased the Program Transfer Tool which connects to the FOCAS2 and loads the directory in CNC memory. My thought was perhaps we could connect and load the programs into a path or memory from there. I can move a .nc program file into a path there, but it takes that file and parses it out to each section of code and tools. It doesn't look like we have a flash memory card to transfer files to either. We plugged in a blank USB drive, and we were not able to see the USB drive in any of the paths using the transfer tool.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, or if we just don't have the right equipment to update this FTP server or what the best solution is. The operators of these machines switch between programs often and programs are updated and created often as well, so a networked solution is best. These machines are constantly running, and every time I try something it interrupts production which I don't want to do. The Windows 7 FTP server has shown signs or problems, the concern is it dies or gets hacked etc. If anyone has any experience or advice on resources to get this fixed up I would really appreciate any and all help.

Re: HELP! FTP woes and Program Transfer Tool

Hello
    I think you have 2 laser machines with that G3D1 versions and i suggest you to upgrade to last version wich is 62 now
    The program transfer tool is using FTP transfer only if you have an aditional etehrnet board or data server board
    I am not sure what is your problem with "parse" files,can you explain a bit?
    The memory card function to be used with transfer tool was added for A06B-9510-J515 version 12 or later anf from version 15 is supporting also the MEMCARD function to be accesed by transfer tool
    But i think for your type of controller that is HSSB this will not work
    Contact me at [email protected] and i will try to help you with your problem