586,082 active members*
3,772 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Isel DaVinci EP-1090

Hello, all!

I wondered if someone may have any info on this CNC machine I found at a sale. It's a Techno Isle DaVinci EP-1090. The unit is in beautiful shape and must have not been used much. Manufacture date is 1996.

Can anyone direct me to where I could find info on the unit? Apart from plugging in and seeing what happens, I'm not sure how to get this baby going. I understand Isle used a proprietary software? Any ideas where I may find a copy or another interface that would run this machine?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Isel DaVinci EP-1090

Although Isel is still in business as Isel USA, they seem to have left their old CNC machines behind. But there is a company that still works on them: ACS Industrial https://www.acsindustrial.com/cnc-re...chno-isel.html
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Re: Isel DaVinci EP-1090

Hi,
    that machine has been discussed in other threads on this forum. They seem to be quite nice little machines, but the stepper drives and motion control
    are proprietary.

One alternative is to remove the existing electronics and replace them with a better known and wider supply based hobby CNC software solution.
    I use Mach4, but others use UCCNC and yet others use LinuxCNC, and still others use Centroid Acorn. All of these solutions would work well
    and I suggest you do some research on them.

Craig

PS: I seem to recall that the steppers used in that machine are Unipolar, that is to say six wire steppers. That severely restricts the range of stepper drivers that can be used. I think if
    you were considering a retrofit to lets say Mach, that it would be wise to budget on new steppers (Bipolar types), 80VDC stepper drives, an 80VDC power supply for said steppers,
    and motion control board and breakout board, eg ESS/MB3, and a Mach4Hobby license.

https://cncroom.com/en/product/ess-mb3/