586,096 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas HRT9 Rotary and VF0 Mill Setup

Haas HRT9 Rotary and VF0 Mill Setup

Hey all,

Purchased a used HRT9 rotary on the cheap and have been trying to get it setup on my machine. Unfortunately on my control HRT9 is not an option so along with some help from the haas techs I have been trying to setup custom parameters to get this thing working.

It is a brushed rotary and I have the appropriate hardware in the cabinet.

I was VERY close to getting this working if I selected HRT600, everything seemed to work fine but the degrees were off. Per my local HFO I changed parameter 54 Steps/Revolution to 4000 and that did correct my issue. However, if I try and home the rotary, I get alarm 168 A Zero Return Margin too small.

I can jog the rotary using Handle Jog, but if I do so for too long I get Alarm 111 A Servo Overload.

UPDATE: Was able to get the rotary to zero. I can jog it for a while but still getting Alarm 111 servo overload occasionally. As well, the A axis position does not reset to zero after a 360 degree move, just keeps counting upward. Not sure if this is normal but doesnt seem normal to me.

I am fairly certain the rotary is in working order as it came off another local shops machine and I saw it working there. Thinking I just need to find the right parameters.

Would really appreciate any help!

Thanks

Re: Haas HRT9 Rotary and VF0 Mill Setup

On the rotary degrees, no, it doesn't reset at 360. What if you were cutting a spiral that does three revolutions? Yes, if you command A720.0 it's going to do two full revolutions and stop. Unfortunately this also means that to reset to zero, it has to unwind all those degrees. There is a setting for quick rotary home or something like that. Look through your parameters. It may not be on a control that far back. It goes to the nearest rotation of 'home' and stops.

Is everything else working? The occasional servo overload may be normal. I have brush external servo box and HA5C. They'll also throw a similar alarm if I do too many rapid moves in succession. I suspect they're imagined by the control but, I just make it a habit to not do lots of rapids in succession.
    Greg