586,123 active members*
3,237 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Arduino > Feed Hold with grblHal Arduino Due not working

Feed Hold with grblHal Arduino Due not working

I have a new grblHAL setup I'm testing. I am using the Universal GCode Sender running on a Windows laptop, connected to an Arduino Due and selecing the cmcgrath_rev3_map pin map. The grblHAL Arduino is not yet connected to an actual machine. I am checking its performance using an oscilloscope to monitor the signals.
    When I start sending the file, I see the dir and step signals coming out of the Arduino as expected on pins 5 and 2 as noted in the cmcgrath pin map. I need to use the FEED HOLD and CYCLE START signals to make temporary halts. I have connected switch signals to Arduino pins 24 and 23 as specified in the cmcgrath pin map. I have also uncommented the following lines in the cmcgrath_rev3_map.h:

#define FEED_HOLD_PORT PIOA
    #define FEED_HOLD_PIN 24
    #define CYCLE_START_PORT PIOA
    #define CYCLE_START_PIN 23

My oscilloscope is connected to FEED HOLD, pin 24, and the step signal. When the FEED HOLD signal goes to ground it has no effect on the step pulses, they continue on.
    Am I missing some other piece of enabling the FEED HOLD function? Help!

Re: Feed Hold with grblHal Arduino Due not working

You probably have, but did you uploaded the new configuration to your board?
    To be sure, you should change the version and check if the uploaded version matches your setting.
    You could also post an issue on the grblhal github page. This repository has been moved to: https://github.com/grblHAL so check you are using the latest version from this repository.

My problem seems to have been using an old version of the grblHAL code. I switched to the current core and master code and feed hold now works. The cycle start isn't working, so I'm trying to fix that.

Both FeedHold and CycleStart work now. CycleStart was not working because it was issued to soon after the FeedHold. A short delay fixed it.