586,103 active members*
3,804 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > HAAS VF-3 NGC, Tool Offset Page Question

HAAS VF-3 NGC, Tool Offset Page Question

I am sure it's going to be obvious once someone points it out to me, but none the less I am confused.
    I have a NGC HAAS VF-3, 30 pocket tool changer. On the offset page for the tools, it goes to 200.
    So my tool carousel is full, and if I remove tool 28, to put in another tool. What happens if I have it programmed as tool 150?

Put another way, in the HAAS offset page tools 1-30 are programmed, what is the point of 31 to 200? How do I use those?

Thank you for your time in advance. Sean

Re: HAAS VF-3 NGC, Tool Offset Page Question

Hi Sean, there is a lot of ways you can utilize these "extended" offsets. Being that you have the 30 pocket side mount tool changer, you can go into your control and modify the tool number in the pocket. For example, if you want to load in tool 150, you can simply go into your current commands and there is a tab called tool table. Here you can modify the assigned tool number in which pocket, where you can put a tool number up to 200 and see which current tools are in which pockets.

Another option is to use the default 1-31 tool numbers, and in your gcode call up G43 H150 or G41 D150. This will pull the offset data from tool 150's data on the table instead of whatever "dummy" tool number is in the spindle. You do have to change a setting to allow for non-matching H and T numbers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Sean, there is a lot of ways you can utilize these "extended" offsets. Being that you have the 30 pocket side mount tool changer, you can go into your control and modify the tool number in the pocket. For example, if you want to load in tool 150, you can simply go into your current commands and there is a tab called tool table. Here you can modify the assigned tool number in which pocket, where you can put a tool number up to 200 and see which current tools are in which pockets.

Another option is to use the default 1-31 tool numbers, and in your gcode call up G43 H150 or G41 D150. This will pull the offset data from tool 150's data on the table instead of whatever "dummy" tool number is in the spindle. You do have to change a setting to allow for non-matching H and T numbers.

Let me know if you have any other questions.