586,094 active members*
4,137 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal not going to correct X Y Z

Fadal not going to correct X Y Z

My company has a FADAL 3016 with a CNC 88HS control. My colleague has started using GibbsCAM. He wants to make parts.

He creates a program from a part in GibbsCAM, downloads it to the FADAL. He runs the program, and the spindle does not move to the expected X Y Z coordinate. He set speed to low and presses stop before a crash can happen. But it would have crashed.

He wanted to verify his setup for the tools and vice and stock he will use. So he wrote a simple G-code program directly on FADAL controller to move tool 1 to 0, 0, 0, which is just above a corner of the stock; the spindle moves to the expected X Y Z coordinate when he runs that simple program.

We humbly ask for advice. We are beginners with the CNC and GibbsCAM. We're sure that we're missing something pretty basic. My colleague is an experienced tool maker and machinist, and he is just starting out on the path to CNC awesomeness.

Re: Fadal not going to correct X Y Z

When you use gibbscam you must tell it which post processor to use. Check the manual on how to select the post processor. You look down the list of machines and select the Fadal and it will generate gcode that will work correctly on your machine.