586,111 active members*
3,184 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand Club House > Access to a suface Plate - scraping a (CNC) Seig x3 Super, Christchurch

Access to a suface Plate - scraping a (CNC) Seig x3 Super, Christchurch

Good morning/evening gents

I have a Sieg X3 Super I've converted to CNC which I'd like to massage more precision from. In its previous life it's had enough use to cause some wear on the ways and I'd like to try my hand at scrapping them back flat and true.

It seems that beside time there are a few things I need to get started. Beside a scraper, blue, indicator, gauge pins and blocks, first and foremost is a good reference surface.

I'd love to buy a large plate but it doesn't make sense for a single project. Given these are precision components and the bedrock of a machine shop that borrowing one from someone is probably a tall ask. But I figure someone may have something they can recommend?

I'm in Christchurch, NZ.

Thanks for your time.
    Ben

Re: Access to a suface Plate - scraping a (CNC) Seig x3 Super, Christchurch

Hi,
    I am in Chirstchurch and I have a 900 x 600 granite surface plate. Its a fairly cheap one, grade B. (1 tenth of a thou per 6 inch) and a AA (50 millionths of an inch per 6 inch) granite square, which was bloody expensive.
    You are welcome to use them, although shifting the plate around is not an easy proposition. PM me and we can talk.

Craig