586,094 active members*
4,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pathpilot Boot problem

Today I was trying to get my Pathpilot computer (HP) to connect to my home network synology share and I guess I screwed something up

At first the clock was wrong so I got those errors and I swapped out the cmos battery for a new one and reset the clock.
    Booted into pathpilot and flipped over into linux, added a new folder to the operator/gcode folder and then added a couple of lines to the fstab file to get it to mount the synology folder as a share.
    Not a huge problem
    Turn the controller off and then back on and it wouldn't turn on.. I forgot to reset the setting for what to do after a power outage so I fixed that.
    Booted up and if gives my this new screen asking to boot pathpilot, try to troubleshoot and then repair using a disk....
    I've never seen that before, figure maybe because it didn't boot right before or the settings have changed,
    selected the boot pathpilot and it sort of hangs on the splash screen for way too long and then gives a new screen opps, the battery is probably dead, scan the qr code etc etc etc.
    Checked the Tormach troubleshooting pages and everything matches that the battery should be replaced (tried 2 new ones that both test 3v) and it won't boot past that point.
    The doc says to press the "f" key to test the drive but it doesn't recognize the key press, maybe that's a difference version

Did a DPS drive test through the bios and everything is fine, no errors (SSD if that matters)

My PP usb stick is 2.0.0 but I've updated a few times since then. Not sure where exactly I'm at right now, haven't changed it in a year or so

Anyways, any ideas???
    Thanks

Re: Pathpilot Boot problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mooser View Post
    Today I was trying to get my Pathpilot computer (HP) to connect to my home network synology share and I guess I screwed something up

At first the clock was wrong so I got those errors and I swapped out the cmos battery for a new one and reset the clock.
    Booted into pathpilot and flipped over into linux, added a new folder to the operator/gcode folder and then added a couple of lines to the fstab file to get it to mount the synology folder as a share.
    Not a huge problem
    Turn the controller off and then back on and it wouldn't turn on.. I forgot to reset the setting for what to do after a power outage so I fixed that.
    Booted up and if gives my this new screen asking to boot pathpilot, try to troubleshoot and then repair using a disk....
    I've never seen that before, figure maybe because it didn't boot right before or the settings have changed,
    selected the boot pathpilot and it sort of hangs on the splash screen for way too long and then gives a new screen opps, the battery is probably dead, scan the qr code etc etc etc.
    Checked the Tormach troubleshooting pages and everything matches that the battery should be replaced (tried 2 new ones that both test 3v) and it won't boot past that point.
    The doc says to press the "f" key to test the drive but it doesn't recognize the key press, maybe that's a difference version

Did a DPS drive test through the bios and everything is fine, no errors (SSD if that matters)

My PP usb stick is 2.0.0 but I've updated a few times since then. Not sure where exactly I'm at right now, haven't changed it in a year or so

Anyways, any ideas???
    Thanks
    I think there's a hotkey to get a linux prompt from the splash screen. Maybe try that and look at the log files. I had the CMOS battery die a few months ago and it was kind of annoying to get going again. Also check the clock is still correct. Networking doesn't work well without the time being at least close to reality.

I ended up having to do a re-install of 2.0.0 and then update a bunch of times. I took the HD over to another computer and copied the gcode folder and what I could but it looks like I lost a bunch of stuff including the tool table. I have a csv file of a recent version but seems that the command isn't there to recover from that anymore

Back to trying to access the share on my NAS from the files menu again now.
    M

Finally back in business. Got most of my tooltable back from the last settings backup I had and with a bunch of screwing around in the backend I now have the folder on my NAS showing up in the files area of PP. What was supposed to be a simple job turned into a 2 day PIA. I should know better
    M