586,283 active members*
4,838 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 103 of 131 35393101102103104105113
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2602

Maybe assisting in clean up of Green Algae Bloom?

Good one Rocket,

I saw pictures of that green gunk and glad I'm not cleaning it up. As for Taney, I believe he is in Shanghai for a week or so.

Mitch

Green gunk = Bio fuel? theres enough of the stuff

Shannon

DSP

I have had a reply from Taney he has been at an expo. Taney sent me a new cable but I still have the same problem I have made a small video for Taney to have a look at.

I think it may be the DSP itself that is shot.

I haven't done any research on the thread but can I plug the Excitech straight into a Computer? From what Balam was saying it seems I can send to it straight from Ucancam. I don't really want to have to buy more software etc but if there was a simple way of by passing the DSP so that I can isolate the cause of the problems I am having that would be very helpful.

It has been a while now that I haven't been able to cut and I am not sure but I think I am starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms.

I would check all the connections on the internal breakout board inside the cabinet and also the connections to the stepper drives. Check that the plugs are not loose and also that the screw terminals are down firm. Make sure the machine is unplugged when you do this though.

PM me if you need more help with what to check and I can send you a labeled photo of the internal board.

Shannon.

Almost there. :confused:

Rocket, Big S, Signandcrafts and ksealey and the rest of the crew, the news:
    I'm experimenting with output files like *. mmg *. tap, and transmit them to router but does not respect the scale, but not that according to the manual dsp on the menu Pulse Equiv be configured according to a number type of router, you think I can help with the data for control DSP?
    Thank you very much and greetings.
    Fabo.

Hi fabo,

There are settings in the DSP to control the size. Mine didn't have the right Pulse Equiv in my manual either. What I did was make the machine jog 1000mm and see how far it traveled.(mode button, distance, type in 1000,enter)

When it doesn't go far enough increase the pulse equiv setting. If it travels too far, decrease the pulse equiv setting. You should be able to get the machine to jog exactly 1000mm. The settings for the X and Y axis should be the same but the Z-axis will be different.

Shannon.

Shannon - You are a bloody legend!

Shannon - If anybody can get these blokes up and running - i am sure that you can.

I regret that i do not have the technical knowledge to help them.

Re ksealey`s question about whether the machine can be run directly from the computer - therefore bypassing the DSP controller, do you know if it is possible.

Good on ya mate!

Rocket.

Rocket,

I have not been able to run the machine directly from the computer, it does almost seem as if it will be possible through some of the setting in the DSP computer software. I think this would still need to have the DSP connected though.

Shannon.

DSP System

Shannon, I was looking on alibaba.com today to see how many cnc router suppliers there are in China - lots of them -, and i took particular notice of the operating systems from the different suppliers. They all use the DSP system.

Our DSP system works very well and i believe that most other Excitech owners have no problems with theirs. Is it possible that ksealey may have shorted something within the DSP when his pins on the cable were bent?

The crappy connection of the cable to the control box would seem to be the cause of any problems with the DSP.

This leads me to the conclusion that maybe the Mach3 or Wincnc may be a much better operating system. Jim converted his machine to Wincnc and i believe that he is extremely pleased with the conversion. Obviously it would cost a fair bit more. Any idea how much?

Rocket.

I am still going to convert mine to mach3 at a future date. I will need a toolchanger and the DSP doesn't support that

I am not sure exactly how much a Mach3 conversion would cost but breakout boards are around USD$120, mach3 USD$160, A PC to run mach3, and some cables etc, shouldn't be too much over USD$500 all up??

Shannon.

win cnc

i recently went to camaster in georgia and there was a machine that had been traded in, it had been retrofited with mach 3 and i used it with the .tap files we use all the time, no problem!

i have win cnc cost is 1200.00 us i have it primarily as it is the preferred system at bills shop, i can now actually help set up someone elses machine with it you can run it from remote location over the net so having bill, josh or joey help us with any details is a instant case!!!! i have emailed my ini file to them and had it back perfect in 1 hour, there are techs here who can support it on a by the hour cost over the phone and the net!! recently we set up joesph's new 3x6 machine that he uses for machining custom rocking horses and we had set him up adjusted his machine set his parameters and soft limits and carved his first piece in on hour after the power was on!!

i am thrilled with the win cnc and will be sticking with it on the new machine!!

the custom screen and some more are posted on the camaster thread,

i don't know enough about mach to comment but it is widely used here in the us i went with it to stay in my support with other camaster cnc owners.

there are some others here in the south east and hopefully kieth g, george g, and joesph will post on this for you!!

where is jimmy Z (aka jimmy007 )

jim mcgrew
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

this is joesph's machine man it is like having some kind of kick ass sports car in your garage!!! i have told bill i want one for the farm after we get the business machine installed

remember IWF atlanta august 20-23
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1614.JPG   IMG_1617.JPG  

Cleaning of the mill/collet area - have you seen this ?

Since my machine is 1300Km from me I don't get my hands on it so often as some of you guys. In my spare time I do however read as much as possible.

I have now just read about how to not to clean the spindle...
    http://www.precisebits.com/tutorials...eprocedure.htm

Any comments ? How do you guys do it ? Since my machine is not operated on a daily basis, this is important for me.
    Do you cover the spindle fixture when you leave it with a rubber cup which supposed to be supplied with the Spindle ?

K

Good find, I like part about not putting your fingers in the spinning spindle bore Lets just say someone would only do that once

In the HSD manual it recommends not leaving tool holders in the spindle even overnight. I have been doing that both at my previous job and with my new machine and not had any issues with the holders sticking. If you workshop has any amount of dampness then it will be important that the bore is covered at all times with a tool holder or cover. You can see the pictures or the rusty bore on my machine in the remain excitech thread. The rust on mine hasn't caused any measurable runout...yet.

Shannon.

by the way

any of you aussies or others coming to atlanta ga usa for the IWF woodworking show? feel free to stop and say hello

jim

Fixed

Firstly thank you to Shannon and Rocket for giving me a hand with my machine's recent ailment.

Taney's technician diagnosed it as a failed stepper driver (YAKO) and sent me a replacement.

Unfortunately the problem persisted. I swapped the X and Y on the breakout board and the problem migrated to what was then the Y axis. Which it appeared to me meant the problem was not in the breakout board.

I took the Z axis cover off to check the limit switch. A drill bit dropped out of the housing! When I first put the Z axis gantry into position a tap dropped out. Who knows what else may be rattling around in the machine.

Anyway I swapped the X and Z connectors that are inside the housing and when I fired it up I couldn't really work out what was going on. I think the X that was now the Z was trying to go home in the + whilst the Z which was the X was going -. Anyway I didn't like the noise and turned it off and returned everything to where it should be.

Lo and behold the machine then trotted faithfully home 0,0,0 no banging no grunting. X+ goes to X+ and X- to X-. I can only think that the X axis connection in the Z housing was loose.

I had checked every connection in the box on the side of the machine but didn't even know there was one up top. Put it on the list of connections to check.

I now have a YAKO that will probably cost as much to send back as it would to buy and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a 4th Axis on the Excitech.

I think Kent had a go but was disappointed with the end result and needed a new DSP? It appears from posts made by Shannon/Jimmy007 that the breakout board in the 1325 is up to it.

I have Deskproto software for my 3D work and it will generate the code for a 4th axis and I have a 450 mm Z on my machine. Can someone tell me what I am missing and if it is going to be Rocket science or not?

Ripper mate!

G`day Ken, Glad to see that you are up and running again.

Also excellent to see that sh-cnc were there to help you through the problem. Gives us a lot more confidence in the product.

Sorry that i cannot answer your questions about the 4th axis.

Regards, Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ksealey View Post
    Firstly thank you to Shannon and Rocket for giving me a hand with my machine's recent ailment.

Taney's technician diagnosed it as a failed stepper driver (YAKO) and sent me a replacement.

Unfortunately the problem persisted. I swapped the X and Y on the breakout board and the problem migrated to what was then the Y axis. Which it appeared to me meant the problem was not in the breakout board.

I took the Z axis cover off to check the limit switch. A drill bit dropped out of the housing! When I first put the Z axis gantry into position a tap dropped out. Who knows what else may be rattling around in the machine.

Anyway I swapped the X and Z connectors that are inside the housing and when I fired it up I couldn't really work out what was going on. I think the X that was now the Z was trying to go home in the + whilst the Z which was the X was going -. Anyway I didn't like the noise and turned it off and returned everything to where it should be.

Lo and behold the machine then trotted faithfully home 0,0,0 no banging no grunting. X+ goes to X+ and X- to X-. I can only think that the X axis connection in the Z housing was loose.

I had checked every connection in the box on the side of the machine but didn't even know there was one up top. Put it on the list of connections to check.

I now have a YAKO that will probably cost as much to send back as it would to buy and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with a 4th Axis on the Excitech.

I think Kent had a go but was disappointed with the end result and needed a new DSP? It appears from posts made by Shannon/Jimmy007 that the breakout board in the 1325 is up to it.

I have Deskproto software for my 3D work and it will generate the code for a 4th axis and I have a 450 mm Z on my machine. Can someone tell me what I am missing and if it is going to be Rocket science or not?
    Sorry for late reply,this is done on my iPhone in a Wifi hotspot whis is accidentaly a pub: You would need a separate PC to run the SW which is going to controll the machine.Then you would need a breakoutboard to connect the PC to the machine.Several are available and I have not decided for one yet.The breakoutboard would be connected in front of the Yakos so the DSP breakoutboard would not be used.The breakoutboard(BB) would be connected to the PC through the printer port on the machine,but we are now looking in to a version which uses the USB port on the PC(a additional board is connected to the USB by one lead and then connected to the parallel port on the "normal" BB).
    I'll be back with more info when I'm back home from UK.Going for one of those brown ones now :-)

DSP Breakout

Thanks Kent I look forward to some more info when you can. Keep up the research.:cheers:

I would like to know what the PIN outs are on the DSP breakout board. It would be an elegant solution if I could connect the printer port to the DSP breakout board via a suitably wired crossover cable :ideagiven that I can't even solder it would also be a miracle). When I bent the Pin on my cable the spindle stopped working so I would say that is one I can guess.

The wiring diagram for the DSP breakout board is here http://www.dongfangxueshi.com/englis...%20diagram.pdf it says RZTH 501 but it is actually RZNC 501. It was too big to upload to the Zone. I have uploaded a dwg of the machine itself which references the DSP as well. Do the numbers inside the circles denote pinouts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have considered the same thing, but would have to hack up my cable to do that, I think we will also need to find out if the DSP uses 5V logic to send the signals to the RZNC board however I would be very surprised if it wasn't. Do we have a volunteer to find out the pinouts?

Shannon.

Hi Shannon
    I think there is some mention of 5V on the schematics (the linked pdf). If the numbers in the circles shown in the dwg relate to the pinouts as I suspect then I think we may already have the answers. If that is the case is it as simple as directing the printer port traffic from Mach 3 to the corresponding pins on the DSP break out board. If you can find a HONDA SCSI 50 way Male (I think) connector there is no need to cut up a cable. If you can't I have a cable with one slightly dodgey pin I can donate to the cause.

Page 103 of 131 35393101102103104105113