586,043 active members*
3,739 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 119 of 131 1969109117118119120121129
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2602
    Im about to purchase a 1325 Unit also soon, Taney was such a big help with questions

(Not a big fan of the ballscrew on the 1224 unit thou, everyone I ask says its alot better to use a R&P.)

INFORMATION

Dear Sirs

I´m from Spain

I buy to Taney Excitech machine 1325 complete with ATC , etc
    Only one word PERFECT .,

The machine is working 100 %

Cheers from Spain

Fernando Cittadini

Rocket,

Just like to say a big thankyou for giving Simon and I a demonstration of your fantastic machine today. You have quashed any doubts we may have had about the machine/company and we certainly feel more confident in ordering a router from Taney soon.

Hope to keep in touch once we get our machine.

regards,
    David

No worries mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Blowie View Post
    Rocket,

Just like to say a big thankyou for giving Simon and I a demonstration of your fantastic machine today. You have quashed any doubts we may have had about the machine/company and we certainly feel more confident in ordering a router from Taney soon.

Hope to keep in touch once we get our machine.

regards,
    David
    David, it was a pleasure to meet with yourself and Simon. Now you can see my reasons for bragging about our Excitech all the time. It is a great money earner for our business.

Like yourselves, we were reluctant about buying our first cnc Router, but upon reading about Scott and Jimmy`s Excitech purchases in the first Excitech thread - we also became very confident about going through with the purchase. We are so glad that we did. Our second machine will be ordered soon.

Unfortunately, members such as carvinmarvin and now silverpearl attempt to discredit Chinese machines. I am not sure of their motives - but i do know that they are very much mistaken! Thankfully there are a lot of Excitech buyers on this thread now. Just look at the above responses to silverpearls attempt.

As time goes by, more and more machines appear and we are pretty well at the stage where intending buyers can view machines in action before concluding their purchase.

Guys, the work that David and Simon are involved in is very hi-tech and exciting.

I am very much looking forward to seeing your work, and hope that you will post on the forum with photos of your machine and the work that you are doing.

If we can be of any further assistance - do not hesitate to call in.

Rocket.

I just wanted to ask, how did you move the cnc routers? I am going to be putting a deposit on a 1325 machine in a few weeks and all I have at the workshop is a 1.8T forklift, with tines just over a meter long.

I will be using a customs broker as I have used them before and I believe it will arrive on a flatbed truck.

I will be going T slot as I dont have the sort of money to upgrade to a vac system, is it worthwhile getting a dust extractor (I will be working with MDF alot which has fine particles)? I cannot afford a ATC but im not worried as I dont plan on doing massive amounts of work with different tools.

Should I look to organize a larger forklift with some long tines?

I took the side panels of my 1530 and used a forklift with some wood beams up against the upper inner bed framework to lift the machine. This may not work if the power box is on the side of the machine due to the balance being off to one side.

Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    ... is it worthwhile getting a dust extractor (I will be working with MDF alot which has fine particles)?
    You absolutely need a good dust extractor! You will know once you start your first MDF job without one :-) Look at Shannon's posts on how he did his (he made several ).

Oh, and about Silverpearl : What makes him the expert? Does he own an Excitech router like we all do? Don't think so. I am very happy with mine :banana:

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    ...As time goes by, more and more machines appear and we are pretty well at the stage where intending buyers can view machines in action before concluding their purchase....

Rocket.
    That is right. I live in the Netherlands and I demonstrated my machine a couple of months ago to an intending buyer : he was totally convinced about the machine, and his machine has just arrived at his doorstep :-)

Oh, btw, I ordered mine not directly from Taney, but from a very professional and friendly company in Germany. He does all the paperwork, he explained me everything before I bought it (took 3-4 hours :-)) and when I have a problem I can call him. I am not sure if there are companies in the USA (or whatever part of the world everyone is in) that do the same? I can recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    I just wanted to ask, how did you move the cnc routers? I am going to be putting a deposit on a 1325 machine in a few weeks and all I have at the workshop is a 1.8T forklift, with tines just over a meter long.

I will be using a customs broker as I have used them before and I believe it will arrive on a flatbed truck.

I will be going T slot as I dont have the sort of money to upgrade to a vac system, is it worthwhile getting a dust extractor (I will be working with MDF alot which has fine particles)? I cannot afford a ATC but im not worried as I dont plan on doing massive amounts of work with different tools.

shoulld I look to organize a larger forklift with some long tines?
    blue^ray, Your machine will probably arrive on a flatbed truck - hopefully with a hi-ab ( truck mounted crane ). Confirm this with your receiver/broker.

The machine will be inside a crate. In addition to your forklift, borrow or hire a pallet truck. You can get under the crate on one side with your forklift, and have an assistant on the other side operating the pallet truck. With the pallet truck under one side of the crate, and your forklift under the other side - you will find it easy to manouvre the crate. If you have enough room inside your factory - you can put the machine into the finished position and then dismantle the crate from around the machine.

Have some timber bearers ready to assist with lifting heights.

Rocket.

When he came before there wasnt a crane on the flatbed.

I was thinking I might have to buy some long tines.

Just get him to reverse into the factory and lift it up in 1 go with some long tines, then with it lifted just get the driver to drive out. and lower it from there.

Im kinda on my own there so it would make it difficult.

I've seen Big_S recieved his in the container :O

blue^wray, i have just been onto the sh-cnc website.

For the SHM 1325A - The crated sizes are 3200mm x 1960mm x 1870mm, and the gross weight is 1200kg. Therefore your forklift with extended tynes should be able to lift the crate.

However, if you speak with the receiver/broker - surely they would send a truck with a crane if you specifically request it.

It would be preferable for you to enlist a couple of assistants when the crate arrives. The crate is pretty big and you will probably need someone to shout directions to you as you move it, and also to help pull the crate apart.

Rocket.

you can get a flat bed wrecker to "pull" the unit onto his bed, then lower it on to the floor with his winch, after that you can positin it with one or two forklift jacks. total cost is limited to the wrecker guy!!
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Hi all, we are looking to purchase an Exitech machine. Is there anyone in Melbourne we could talk to and possibly look at the machine?
    Regards, Tim

Austengrave, I know that there is a machine located around Nth Melbourne - but the owner has not posted for a long time. If you search back through this thread - you would find his details.

There is another at Wangaratta - owned by member " signmad ". Maybe send him a PM. If you cannot contact him let me know. I have his details at work.

You are welcome to look at our machine if you want to come to Adelaide. We are located at Pooraka. It would need to be on a Friday. Flights are pretty cheap.

You can contact me on this email [email protected]

Rocket.

Hi all,
    thanks Rocket for the heads up. There are 200 pages in this thread. Does anyone else know of this guy in North Melbourne. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Forget about the router, lets see more pictures of the hot chick !

Keep it clean mate!

That happens to be my daughter in law.(nuts)

If you want to see some hot chicks - check out this thread in the GIM forum

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showthread.php?t=327115

Enjoy.

Rocket.

Maxicam (Excitech?) router

Back in April I mentioned that I ordered a Maxicam Maxi-C 1325SE-T-V and a small Maxi-S 0404.

Rocket, you are quite right with your assumption re Excitech and Maxicam. Apparently they are sister companies with one manufacturing the smaller machines and the other company the larger machines then market them under their house brands. I am 99.99% sure though I didn't pay one cent more at Maxicam than the same machine from Excitech.

Well, both machines arrived a couple of days ago and I must say, they are built like tanks. Even the freestanding controller unit weighs a ton (feels like it anyhow) and the vacuum pump alone would sink a ship!

Anyway, offloading went smooth and quickly. The container was delivered with a Hammar lift/trailer and deposited on the ground right outside my warehouse. We simply pulled the large crate out with the end of crate just dropping 1or so cm down onto wooden props. That probably created less of an impact than a few potholes on the road. Then the forklift, with its 6' fork, took the crate from the side and deposited it in my warehouse.

The machines are un-crated but not yet positioned.

For the little 0404, I had this idea (now discarded) of being able to take it home for after hours, or to a customer, or whatever.....just dump it in the car and here we go. Well, forget about that. It isn't what you might call 'portable'. I can barely lift it without some grunting. The little table frame is cast iron! That 0404 is not going anywhere in a hurry.

So far everything seems to be OK but a few things are not exactly clear because there was no instruction/assembly manual.

Some comments here…….

a) the Type3 manual is in Chinese and the software installed itself in simplified Chinese, hence boot-up was Greek, well.... OK , Chinese to me. A simple email solved that problem. Monica at Maxicam explained which steps to take for a switch to English. Mind you, I still have to download the English manual.

b) The Ucancam V8 manual is in English and well written too. A couple of odd words here and there, but essentially it looks to me like a very good software package. There is a video with the Ucancam package but unfortunately it's not easy to understand the spoken English due to accent. Anyway, I find the program very intuitive and it will probably become my program of choice. At least that's what it looks like. It's no Artcam but look at the price difference!

c) I didn't know I would get a compressor with the large router. I now know it's needed but I am not too sure what for..... apart from lifting the dust skirt, that is. I also read somewhere on this forum that the ATC requires compressed air. The compressor seems to be 380V/3phase, whereas I specified all to be 220V/50Hz. Will let electrician look at it before plugging anything in. .

d) Again, without instructions, I couldn't figure out what the 'fire-extinguisher-looking-thing' was. In her email Monica tells me it's a an air purifier for the compressed air. I have seen some condensation removers in the past but if I recall correctly they were all water-cooled.

e) The controller of the 1325 is a Syntec EZ-4012-M. The 100 page manual is in Chinese. I was told how to change the language setup to English on the controller and an English manual came in via email.

f) I have got the little 0404 connected and making some noise but nothing constructive. So far it hasn't digested any file I have loaded. The only format I haven't tried yet is .txt. Same story here with user guidelines / operating manual. I have a printout/manual for the DSP but nothing about the controller which has a little DELTA VFD-M SERIES readout screen, a few buttons and an adjustment knob. Don't know what they are for, though.

There is definitively a lot of room for improvement on the operating instruction/manual front but machines look well made and extremely sturdy.

Do the Excitech machines come with operating instructions? Anyone has one in PDF or DOC format for a 1325 machine?

Hello,

I would be interested in purchasing a large router from Excitech these days, i was considering the SHM2030 or SHM2040 CNC router, with standard stepper system.
    Does anybody have experience with these, i understood rocket67 that you have a 1530 Router?
    Have you found any issues running rack&pinion instead of ballscrew? How does the cutting looks like on acrylic materials, are you able to get non-vibrated fine cuts?
    What is your experience with vacuum table and dust-collector, what kind of pumps do you have (there are "german" types and chinese models...)?

Thank you !

ddanutz1

Quote Originally Posted by ddanutz1 View Post
    Hello,

I would be interested in purchasing a large router from Excitech these days, i was considering the SHM2030 or SHM2040 CNC router, with standard stepper system.
    Does anybody have experience with these, i understood rocket67 that you have a 1530 Router?
    Have you found any issues running rack&pinion instead of ballscrew? How does the cutting looks like on acrylic materials, are you able to get non-vibrated fine cuts?
    What is your experience with vacuum table and dust-collector, what kind of pumps do you have (there are "german" types and chinese models...)?

Thank you !

ddanutz1

Its not recomended to run ballscrews much more than a meter long, ie. too much weight for the motor to spin. This is the reason I want to avoid the 1224 model and go for the 1325. 1224 has ballscrews on all axis's.

This is what I have read, even when looking for finance the fella I was talking to said that ballscrews should be no longer than 900mm. (I cannot get finance on a machine that is out of australia so I have to pay it outright which isnt a major issue, its just causing a short delay in my purchase)

BTW rocket talked to the customs broker and if I make room he said the truck can back in and drop it on the ground inside the factory.

Should I buy their dust collector? or buy a dust collector made for MDF here in Australia?

Page 119 of 131 1969109117118119120121129