586,590 active members*
2,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 84 of 131 3474828384858694
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2602

i must confess

i too thought i was in charge and tried to tell kustom he would not need a tool changer!! man am i glad he did not listen to me!!!

i am now pining for mine jim

Yeah you all said I was nuts for going for the tool changer. JK... I guess I could see into the future more or I saw the need with my signs, Ex v carve this, endmill that, texture here and cut out last. 4 tools just to do that simple easy street sign I made. I knew I would use one a lot my regret is I got the 5 place changer but for $1,200 more I can add 5 more places Up to 20 Places total. it is a expandable system and that was what I liked. 5 is a start but I see 10 within the first year. Jim I have som real rush to wrap race cars before Wild about Wheels in Minot this weekend. next week I want to work more on those pilars!!

8 weeks and 2 days, $1800.00 in payments already and another $900 payment due on the 5th march. my machine is supost to be here on the 29th feb or 3rd march, 9th or 10th week from time I ordered it. I am kinda upset to spend $2700 payments before I have a machine to work with.

by the way Jim it is -26 tonight with a wind chill or -50+ now that is even cold for a north dakota native!!

kustom

man i am busy too will get back on columns maybe this weekend, as for the router its an investment just keep gettin ready,

and for those who need to know kustom is going to be one of the stars when it comes to software just keep gettin ready jim

Just wondering what some of the extras cost.A7.5KW Becker pump in the US retails for$9,000.
    An HSD5HP spindle with iso30 tool changer is $9,000+++$350 per holder.
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

You can get ISO30 holders from
    http://www.maritool.com/Tool-Holders..._54/index.html
    Just remember that you will need to use a genuine HSD pull stud or your drawbar can be damaged and/or your tool holder comes out of the machine...not good at 24krpm. I have even read that the pull studs need to be inspected for cracks regularly.

My HSD ATC 3.8Kw spindle added around USD$7000 to the price of the machine.

Shannon.

Wink Quite happy with non ATC to learn

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    I told him to get the tool changer, but he just wouldn't listen. (chair)
    It is not me complaining Gerry. I still believe that the ATC machine would have made our learning curve a bit more difficult. Although i sit in the office and Ramon is doing the learning.
    He is doing very well so far and has figured out how to use the three bits together in order to make the patterns.
    Just have to remind him now and again of the golden rule - always Z Zero before running program. He took a nice little chunk out of the bakelite top today.
    (nuts)
    But all is well - no damage. Just another step in the learning curve.

Rocket.

oh yea

been there and done that

jim

I'm preparing to place an order for an Excitech soon with my partner. Just thought I'd poke my head in and say hi. I've been pouring over a lot of posts, lots of good info here.

Smile Welcome

G`day wulfheir, Good on you mate. Excitech machines are great.

Which machine are you considering?
    Most of us are using V Carve Pro software with our Excitechs. It is easy to learn and costs around $600.
    Are you experienced in cnc or newbie?

Rocket.

Rocket,
    We are getting the 1530C with 8kw spindle and auto tool.
    I've toyed around abit with the trial version of the VCarve package. Also I've been poking around with Cabinetpartspro, but it seems kind of limited, it's hard to tell with all the greyed out areas of the demo version, and I can't find an email on their site.

I'm not a cnc newbie, but I am a router newbie. I've been generating g-codes for a metal punch and also a plasma for about 10 years.
    Wulfy

kustom we are infront of machine now

how can i run vec clip 3d file in vcarve jim

Rocket, you are a funny one. I like the way you put it - a learning curve. It doesn't make me feel so bad anymore

Jerry had a thought last night- when we put the tool in the chuck, if we measured a distance from the bottom of the tool to a point, say 40mm, if we did that consistently and marked that point on each of the tools wouldn't that eliminate the need to Z0 for every tool that we use? It would also ensure the same cutting depth on each door. However It wouldn't probably work with all the different sized router bits we are using. Does anybody else have any other ideas like this?

Razza

wulf

welcome, i have cut cabinets with cabinetparts pro and my hope is ryan will continue to improve the program and at 250.00 how can you go wrong' i have been designing with cabnerware since 97 and have decided not to go with their upgrade on price alone 23.000.00 !! after checking other programs we will be going to cabinetpro at 7000.00 i have seen it and had the opportunity to see it working in a local shop (kieth g will pop in soon)

welcome you got the right size machine jim mcgrew
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    how can i run vec clip 3d file in vcarve jim
    You can't.

V-Carve is for 2D odject cutting only.

you have to use Cut3D for those .stl files

I will e-mail or call me later and I will try to do a sample tool path with some 3D art.

Have to run to the bank with some blood money before my auto pays come out tonight and bounce. I think I broke the guys nose but he paid up after I was done with him!

Wulfy - Ripper mate! Stick around

Re 1530 Auto Tool Changer machine.
    This is excellent news. There are a few of us on this thread who intend to upgrade to the Auto Tool Changer machine. You will be the first among us to own it.
    Don`t forget to let Taney at sh-cnc know that you are going to post on cnczone about the machine. ( we hope )
    We are very interested in this machine and it would be great to see some photos and also hear your opinions of the machine.
    Bloody beeeeeeeauty!

Rocket.

It will be worth the long wait.

G`day Kustom, Only a week left to wait.
    Looks like you have already mastered the software side of things. I reckon you are going to be a "gun" cnc man.
    If business ever goes quiet you could make a successful career as a debt collector! We used to have that problem but now we refuse to fit a wardrobe if the payment is not available at time of installation - Problem solved!
    We hope to see photos of your machine when it arrives.

Rocket.

Cabnet,
    I'm now emailing with Ryan. He's informed me it won't do MDF doors, which is a requirement. However, I have sent him a pdf of our design for him to review and let me know if it will work for the cabinet. The price is certainly a big draw.

Rocket,
    We'll certainly let you know how it goes, complete with pics.

yeah but I even have the problem that someone orders something them I finish it and they never com to get it till 3 months later then they still expect to walk out with it no pay. Go Figure. this guy owed me $1300 from work I did august 2007.

wulf

back on the threads abit is a post with aprogram called free doors it's pretty interesting and georgr g and i have played with it george has really dove into the cabpartspro program i will be running some cabs on it today jim

i will find program and post it rocket probably knows where it is

Cabnet,
    Is this it?
    http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/
    Looks like it may be our solution. I'd like to have all my software lined up when the excitech arrives.
    Wulf

Page 84 of 131 3474828384858694