586,655 active members*
2,607 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 91 of 131 41818990919293101
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy007 View Post
    G'day Spencer,

Nothing serious in the 'novel' comment mate- was just taking the piss.

I enjoyed the read.

Do you have any doco on the syntec system? I would certainly be interested in having a look at it.

I'm sure Taney will happily forward it to you in advance as a zip file.

Cheers,

Jimmy
    Jimmy,

Had to find away to get the Syntec manual to you, it can be downloaded by following this link. Hopefully the manual makes more sense to you

http://www.filesend.net/download.php...b1a0dc27e6eb21

I have attached a copy of the CE certificate Taney sent me.

Thanks,

Spencer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CE Certificate1.jpg  

clamps

Has any one used cam clamps that you cut out yourself? I cut some the other day but have not had a chance to try them as I had to go out of town for a few days and won't be home till this weekend. When I get back I will post some pictures of them. It makes sense to use something like this as it keeps all the metal away from the cutter.

Pictures will be a great help.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    Has any one used cam clamps that you cut out yourself? I cut some the other day but have not had a chance to try them as I had to go out of town for a few days and won't be home till this weekend. When I get back I will post some pictures of them. It makes sense to use something like this as it keeps all the metal away from the cutter.

Thanks Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by BC-CNC View Post
    Jimmy,

Had to find away to get the Syntec manual to you, it can be downloaded by following this link. Hopefully the manual makes more sense to you

http://www.filesend.net/download.php...b1a0dc27e6eb21

I have attached a copy of the CE certificate Taney sent me.

Thanks,

Spencer

jimmy

hers a viseo of the wood clamps in use

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8cWIFPDMXs&NR=1"]YouTube - CNC wood router[/ame]

multipanel

got my samples today, great stuff!! comes in a variety of thicknesses and wit a cd to see.

it is somthing very close to US sign foam and has a lot of marine uses although the brochureshows a lot of other uses!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1130.jpg   IMG_1133.jpg   IMG_1132.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    got my samples today, great stuff!!
    Glad to hear you have finally received the package. Put up some more photos if you run it through your machine, i'd like to know what you think.

John
    Multipanel is a unique high-density polyurethane panel that is strong, extremely lightweight and totally waterproof.

thanks john

the samples are pretty small, so i'll try to run a rossette or so. the package did come with a very good range of sizes and such i can see a lot of uses for the product!!

rocket how you comming on changing bits for mdf doors and such?? after we got set up with the touch pad for setting z and the same g92 "go to home button on win cnc it became pretty easy for me!! we are still in anticipation of the new machine with the tool changer though.

bill displayed a new machine much more geared to ther cabinetmaker this weekend and i hope to show it soon, my friend joesph has mastered (imo)
    vcarve and has taught me how to use it much better than i was doing on my own. he is helping me now to build the file library i need, he also is buying a machine and i probably will buy a small one for use out here at the farm as it is a long drive back and forth on the weekends to the shop.

The Excitech is performing superbly - But we are not!

G`day Jim, We have just endured 15 days of temperatures over 35 degrees. Today it will begin to get a bit cooler with only 29 degrees. We have all had a gutfull of hot weather! Need to go to Tassie to cool down.

Glad to see that you are really getting on top of your learning curve.

Our Excitech continues to perform flawlessly. Ramon is now routing all of our panels. We are extremely proud of him and the work that he is doing.
    With some of our designs he is able to use the Whiteside bits and on those designs he only needs to change bits to cut the panel to size, but with the fancier designs he uses the replaceable insert bits and needs to change bits 3 times - he is getting used to it.

So now i have to admit that ger21 was absolutely correct - We should have bought the Auto Tool Changer machine to start with.
    Now that we are routing all of our own panels the cost benefit is really starting to show up in our figures. The Excitech will pay for itself very quickly.
    Another example of the benefit of having our own router - Last week we inadvertently sent out a routered door robe with the incorrect door thickness ( my fault ). As soon as we found out from the installer we had Ramon rout the correct panels for the job and they were painted the same day and taken out to the customer the next day! Previously it would have taken 2-3 weeks to go through the process.
    Purchasing the Excitech has proven to be a fantastic business decision for us.

Rocket.

Electrical approval

I just read some of the older posts and noticed Spencer (BC-CNC) said that CE was recognized in Canada. I brought in an Excitech 1325 router a year ago into Ontario, Canada for evaluation with the intention of importing more for resale. We brought in the ESA (electrical safety authority) to inspect the machine and were told CE is not recognized in Canada. Here is ESA's web page listing acceptable certifications.

http://www.esasafe.com/GeneralPublic/epa_002B.php?s=19

The rules maybe different in British Columbia. but I don't think so. If you plug in an unapproved machine in Ontario you can be subject to a $5000. a day fine (maximum $50,000) and a year in jail.

I found the rules for BC.

http://www.safetyauthority.ca/bcsa_p..._Elec_Prod.pdf

It's worth having a site inspection by BC hydro. You may have to change a few cables and add a fuse here or there but if you don't and your building burns down it's just one more reason for your insurance company not to pay. Hope this information helps.

Help regarding Excitech router

Hi guys,

I have recently bought EXCITECH SHG6090 from china, I received with the machine a USB for the DSP controler , it contained two small files, one "test.cnc" file (around 240KB) and a "shortcut" file (2KB), I accidentally lost these 2 files (some serious virus problem), some one who have recently purchased a similar machine recently will please send me these files so I can run the initial check test, I am absolutely new to cnc machining hope to get help from this great forum, I am impressed the way you guys help others through.

Quote Originally Posted by irk3 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have recently bought EXCITECH SHG6090 from china, I received with the machine a USB for the DSP controler , it contained two small files, one "test.cnc" file (around 240KB) and a "shortcut" file (2KB), I accidentally lost these 2 files (some serious virus problem), some one who have recently purchased a similar machine recently will please send me these files so I can run the initial check test, I am absolutely new to cnc machining hope to get help from this great forum, I am impressed the way you guys help others through.
    I would E-mail Taney, he should be able to give you the files again.

Shannon.

Thanks Shannon, I will be for Taney,s reply.

I think i am about to order an 1325c with tool changer, do any of you have this machine or have you used the syntec controller. Will i need a custom post processer?

thank

david

david

here in the south east the machines (1325) were out fitted with win cnc for controller software, tiger tec the importer i believe used mach 3. our guy in GA www.camaster.com uses win cnc jim

The revamped SHG 1312

Attachment 56147Been awhile between posts,so here goes,,,

Just a couple of mods I made on the Chinese SHG 1312 that I thought may interest someone.(took me abit to do,but well worth the trouble).

Most of the routers I see, have all the electrical componets etc etc tucked away in a box on the sides of the machines,which I thought were all standard
    when ordered,going by the photo`s sent over....not this one.
    It came with a seperate control box that was always in my road,triping over all the power/control wires etc etc.and weighed a ton to move,which by the way was put on the table for transportation???Lovely and level...NOT!!!
    So when ordering make sure you know what you want/get?
    So being very limited in shed space , I relocated all electrical gear under the table,sealed in its own cabinet from all the dust,with venterlation fans.

I also wanted to convert to Mach3 ,so it was the perfect opportunity to do so.

As I had a G100 Grex sitting on the cupboard waiting for some smart fellow to figure out all the bugs with it,I thought I use that to talk to Mach 3 and see how it goes.At this stage it`s doing a reasonable job (so far touch wood),apart from one little bug,that no one knows how to fix.(zeroing the tool).I can live with that for now.

So as it goes I am using my laptop to talk to the machine wirelessly,no wires/cords ,its great.I can even control the machine from over at the house,
    about 50m away (dont know why ,but you can).

So thats my progess so far,hopefully a home built ATC down the track.

Regards
    Jubee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3230085.JPG   P3230083.JPG  

excellent!!

i love ingenuity!! jubee recently i was told the aluminum t-slot table leave a little to be desired in thickness ? what do you think? jim

Thanks Jim,
    First impressions of the T slot were disappointing, (1.5mm thick),not to mention the " level " state it arrived in ,,however as this is my first cnc router I have nothing to compare it with, and so far only machining light wood projects ,I havnt run into to many problems ,after surfacing the top that is.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Rocket, YA big girl,........over 35 degrees what ? with about probably 30% humidity,come up to Queensland?
    Just joking,different heat I suppose.

We have had an excellent summer up here, no complaints.

Regards

Hi jubee,

I haven't machined the table top of my 0609 yet but plan to shortly. How rough was the surface afterwards? Was the cutter able to get right into the corners? Did you sand it or anything to get it smooth again?

Cheers.

G`day Howzat,
    I just used a flycutter,setup so it would surface the whole width of the black plastic strip in one pass.Manually jogging the axis ,all with a very slow feed rate.
    The surface afterwards wasnt smooth but it wasnt rough either,if that makes any sense.
    I guess you could use a ballnose end mill if you wanted a smooth finish,I dont think it matters though,as long as the bed is level.
    I wouldnt go sanding it after,as you would be back to where you started.

From memory I think the Chinese had some Gcode in the dsp for levelling the bed,dont know what tool they would use?

failing all that ,you could attach a sheet of plywood on the bed and machine the plywood.

Regards
    jubee

Page 91 of 131 41818990919293101