Register for free
Login
Page 77 of 131 2767757677787987127
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    and wheres a huff?

jim
    Tick = 'not long'

Huff = Frustrated and annoyed to the point that couldn't be bothered thinking about it. (pretty sure noy AUS term).

[I] think cabnet636 was making a old joke bout the huff.

actually

i figured he threw it to place never to be recovered !! i can relate my quiet tone is all about finding ouy just how illiterate at this cnc i really am

it's obvious only practice will prevail!!!!!

bill has sold a few machines lately and i am so grateful he finds the time to help me, when i read some of the stories of others i feel fortunate.

yall i am having a "tit" of atime uploading from my new vid/dvd/memory stick
    camera, i'd love to show you what we have done, but technology has gotten the better of me,

i am gaining a newfound respect for the learning curve of cnc!!

think i just take the old tape camera today

back asap jim

i will say

for those interested, i purchased the vector art 3d v carve collection to go with v carve pro and at over 2000 images prepared for carving thats one of the best $ values i've gotten so far!!! at 99.00

for those interested, i purchased the vector art 3d v carve collection to go with v carve pro and at over 2000 images prepared for carving thats one of the best $ values i've gotten so far!!! at 99.00
    Thank's for the tip. I need to do some "carving" pictures for my mother so she could put on the wall of our new cottage. The old one burned to the ground, which had a lot of handmade stuff going up in smoke.

Looks like I would receive my machine after Easter holiday, so I guess there would not be any CNC and beers on me

K

productive day on machine

thanks joey "cut to the bone" file done job delivered and more next week

got all my bits and collets and will be turning this machine over to employees for production i will be jockeying for "table time"

i am so looking forward to my new machine jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0790.JPG   IMG_0802.JPG   IMG_0803.JPG   IMG_0789.JPG  

rocket jimmy and all

i got my colletts and bits from all kinds of dealers yesterday, all was very good

i would all get catalog

http://www.usshoptools.com/

jim

Cut to the Bone Guest

Great News Jim

I Will get to work on the others and have them to you A.S.A.P. The sign with your logo looks great. I would like to use some of your pics in the DVD I'm working on. And bring a sign to IWF "Going Home With Jim" Tell your crew hello. and I'll talk with you latter.

P.S.
    about yesterday its taken care of.(nuts) to the curb!

Thanks,

Joey

yes joey use whatever you want

will be cutting panel today and atempting to download video, i am learning about sony dvd camcorder its smarter than me at this point, will get to an expert today and learn it, jim

Back to the topic more or less…

Keith, am I to understand that your machine from Camaster (Bill) is the import and they made modifications to it prior to delivering such as the Wincnc controllers and such? I have received the price/spec list from SH-CNC and there are a few variances from some of the earlier post. I’m certain these will change again ever so often just as they do in most manufacturing as suppliers and buyer negotiate for the best value and ability to maximize profit. Main change seems to be the replacement of all the liquid cooled spindles with HSD (prices are lower than some post also). When I was at Camaster I saw the imports but we spent more time talking about their built form scratch machines than the imports other than Bill saying they were OK machines and he was using them to cut parts for his own machines.

hey rocket

george in wilmington nc is having success with the cabinetpartspro software and is figuring out the doors program. how are you comming on your doors

got new camera long story about mini dvd and memory card etc, will post carving tonight

jim

greg in atlanta how you comming along??

kustom has it started to thaw yet??

Hey Jim,

[QUOTE=cabnet636;403540]

I'm hanging tight waiting for a machine to fall out of the sky, hit me in the head, program itself and produce $$$$$$$$$$ (read tons of money).

Jim

did you ever get so far as getting a shipping quote and import charges from China?
    I know the shipping is around $875 on a machine with a pump and $640 without one in a less than contanier load but trying to figure the duty and port charges is like calculating rocket fuel to get to mars. I'll have to call a forwarding company on monday.

I gotta tell ya after seeing these prices it's going to be hard not to buy the import and use it as is and just let Bill build my plasma machine.

I could pay him by the hour for a long time for support with the savings.

i 'll find that quote

but the chinese were in line after all was said and done the prices were within 1000 of each other, i remember shipping at 3500.00 to sc, machine
    quotes were disscussed way back in the thread.

robert did this today with router

also i bought machine 1st of dec 07 and return net to me so far is 8900.00
    and i have not done any thing that has been related to our existing work

jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0811.JPG   IMG_0789.JPG   IMG_0812.JPG   IMG_0813.JPG  

IMG_0790.JPG  

sngatlanta

Yes Bill purchased my machine and refitted it with a vaccum table, a 5hp Colombo spindle and Win CNC. I'm not like some of these guys that are really smart or have plenty of money to play with. I didn't know anything about a cnc router when I started and definitely didn't have lots of money. I didn't just invest in a machine. I invested in Bill. He's helped me a lot more than I ever expected. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, after sale support is as important as a good machine. Think long and hard before you make your decision. If you don't believe me, talk to Jim McGrew (cabnet636). Also, consider that the Chinese machine comes with a 3hp liquid cooled spindle. There's a lot of difference in the price of a 5hp Colombo. Win CNC is about $1,000 more than Mach 3. Good support is priceless! Sounds like a Visa commercial doesn't it !? If you're in Atlanta, why don't you go talk to Bill? He's not that far from Atlanta. Come to Camden and see my machine if you like. Good luck! www.camaster.com
    Keith

Jimmy Mc

That's gotta be the prettiest duck casket I ever seen!!!! :rainfro:
    Keith

Thats what I was thinking, but tell me it isn't

Shannon.

Question Duck Casket?.... WTF?

O.K. What `s the story here? We appreciate the fact that you blokes maybe " New age Guys ", but in Oz we shoot ducks and consider them a delicasy. But why would you need a Duck Casket? Just chuck it on the barbie and have a feast! Not my cup of tea, but what gives?
    What next? You blokes Gonna charge KFC with cruelty to Poultry?(nuts)Them poor birds!!!!

It aint smarter than you are!!!

george in wilmington nc is having success with the cabinetpartspro software and is figuring out the doors program. how are you comming on your doors

got new camera long story about mini dvd and memory card etc, will post carving tonight

jim

kustom has it started to thaw yet??
    Jim - You are a pretty smart bloke. I remember somebody suggesting that it is just a matter of following a logical set of steps. Now who was it?
    Oh -- it was you!!! LOL. ( so says me. I am hopeless at working these things out.) Perseverance my friend! You can do it!
    Rocket.

robert

is one serious hunter, i seriously believe that for as good a cabinetmaker he is
    (his apprenticship was at sourthern architectural woodwork)
    http://www.southernwoodwork.com/

far better a hunter, it is not uncommon (in season) for robert to hunt in the am before coming to work,

once he arrived for work on a real cold morning, the windows of his suv were bloody and the one window was kicked out (bit spooky) when i asked him what happened he said " i thought he (the deer) was dead, put him in the truck but he came alive while riding down the interstate highway, so i had to kill him at 70 mph".

duck hunters and hunters of all types will be a great carving market for us here!!

http://www.ducks.org/

he plans to carve and donate to this.
    http://www.sewe.com/

bought the last of tony mac's programs "photo v carve"

will post from charlotte tonight jim

Page 77 of 131 2767757677787987127