586,100 active members*
2,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Strong 1325 Help Needed

Hi all

i have a Strong 1325 cnc i bought used and wondered if anyone can help

when i click 'home' on the DSP controller, it seems to want to dive into the bed it drills throguht until the z axis stepper motor whines under the stress - have to manually cancel and raise the z again.

i tried manually locating the bit to a workpiece corner, then 'zero' all axis, this then it seems becomes the 'origin' - i think that because if i jog the router away from the newly created 0's on all axis, then press the 'origin OK' button on the controller, it goes back to the previously created 0,0,0 position

when i load a gcode file and run it from the origin point, the z axis takes a dive into the bed again, i had to remove the router bit to avoid damaging the bed and another router bit

I'm assuming 'home' is hard coded somewhere, is that the case? why would it be slamming into the bed?

in an attempt to diagnose, i checked continuity on the microswitches/limit switches when triggered (seems they are NO switches) and the z axis switch located at the top of z axis travel doesn't seem to have continuity when activated.

although the x axis switch does have continuity, when i jog the x axis towards the switch and it is then activated, the motor continues to drive in that direction - almost as if it didn't sense a trigger, even though the switch seems to be working (continuity present when activated)

thinking i should replace the switches with new ones - just to be sure, as they are relatively cheap to replace and will eliminate them as the issue.

if anyone has experience of this router or has software/manuals for it, id appreciate any pointers
    would be great to see if the software is supported in that new updates are available etc

and also would be great if anyone knows what post processor it would use and if not then how i would determine what processor to use

any help would be greatly received

many thanks

Re: Strong 1325 Help Needed

check the Omron sensor or other brand sensor on XYZ , if they doest not work when go home after power on .
    2 check your home set in dsp
    3 machine home and working origin is different
    you can send me some video about your problem to +8618560201508

How to test Omron limited stop work or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmTiciD8HYc