586,096 active members*
3,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > My CO2 Laser machines stepper motor makes noise and do not move

My CO2 Laser machines stepper motor makes noise and do not move

I have been using my 130W laser for 4 years, now I'm having some issue in moving laser head. I can move the laser head easily by hand very efficiently. But when I try to move it with K40 software, it is stuck and make noise. First this issue was in Y axis only, but now both X and Y axis are having the same issue. I changed the stepper motor Powe supply, but the issue still exists. I oiled and cleaned the rail, but the issue still exists. Please help me with this issue.

Re: My CO2 Laser machines stepper motor makes noise and do not move

if belt reason or motor setup pulse ,or stepper motor loose steps .

Re: My CO2 Laser machines stepper motor makes noise and do not move

Quote Originally Posted by Ekatha View Post
    I have been using my 130W laser for 4 years, now I'm having some issue in moving laser head. I can move the laser head easily by hand very efficiently. But when I try to move it with K40 software, it is stuck and make noise. First this issue was in Y axis only, but now both X and Y axis are having the same issue. I changed the stepper motor Powe supply, but the issue still exists. I oiled and cleaned the rail, but the issue still exists. Please help me with this issue.
    The motors could have failed, change new motors might solve the problem.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Lightbulb Re: My CO2 Laser machines stepper motor makes noise and do not move

It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation with your laser machine, but don't worry—we're here to help you.

It's great that you've already taken some steps to address the problem. Since you've mentioned that you can move the laser head easily by hand but encounter issues with the K40 software, it suggests a potential software or control-related problem.

Here are a few additional steps you can take to further diagnose and address the issue:

1.Ensure that the software settings for both the X and Y axes are configured correctly. Double-check the software parameters and make sure they align with the physical capabilities of your laser machine.

2.Examine the wiring connections for the stepper motors on both the X and Y axes. Loose or damaged connections can lead to communication problems between the software and the hardware.

3.Try recalibrating the software to synchronize with the actual movement of the laser head. This process may involve adjusting steps per unit or other calibration settings within the K40 software.

4.Check the motor drivers that control the movement of the laser head. If there's a malfunction or inconsistency, it could be affecting the smooth operation of the axes. Ensure that the motor drivers are functioning properly and consider replacing them if necessary.

5.Beyond the stepper motors, examine other mechanical components such as belts, pulleys, and gears. Any obstruction or misalignment in these parts could contribute to the issues you're experiencing.

6.Ensure that you are using the latest version of the K40 software. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that may address compatibility issues.

By systematically going through these steps, you should be able to pinpoint the source of the problem and take the necessary steps to resolve it. If the issue persists, don't hesitate to seek assistance from the manufacturer's support. Please share your review if your query got solved after doing these steps or not.