586,096 active members*
3,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Oi-mf plus — “load program” from USB

Oi-mf plus — “load program” from USB

I can find exactly zero information about using this option with usb sticks.. All instructions are talking about copy/pasting files.

is “load program” documented in any of the manuals so I can better understand what’s happening?

my questions are:

Where do the files go when using this option? (I can remove the usb while the program is running so it’s clearly not reading it straight off the usb)

What are the limitations of using this method?

are the programs erased/overwritten upon loading a new program or are the old ones stored somewhere?

I mostly always use program number 1001 with a unique file name to tell them apart.. so are all the 1001 programs being overwritten or what?

Thanks for any info/insight on this.

it seems to be the fastest/easiest method to use .nc programs via USB yet I’ve never seen it discussed

Re: Oi-mf plus — “load program” from USB

Hello
    if you are trying to use the DNC mode via the USB option this cannot be performed via USB,only from memory card,etehrnet ,data server or MEMCARD option using the Fanuc lib software to create it
    If a file is copied over another one will be a message that will say :the file is overwritten
    you also can not call a program from USB using the M198 command
    The file is copied on the folder that you have set as foreground operation ,see picture in attach

Here some info ,hope will make some light for you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0i-MFP.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	499664

Hi

for clarity, I'm talking about the "Load Program" button that appears when 'device change' choice is USB:

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	499741

My foreground/Background folders are selected like this:

Name:	IMG_0228.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	499743

it appears a new or temporary folder has been created?

Again, there's no documentation on any of this that I can find. All I know is somewhere around 2MB is the limit?

Is this really not in any of the manuals?

thanks

——

edit- here’s a link with clearer photos:
    https://imgur.com/a/2dQSKbM

When you use the load program button,the program is copied to that USB Path 1 folder in the CNC MEMORY
    The CNC MEMORY of your machine is indeed 2 MB ,the maxim is 8MB stored in the FROM
    if you want to move the program in your foreground folder that you have selected,you need to use the FOUTPUT/FINPUT button
    That is the diference between LOAD PROGRAM and FOUTPUT/FINPUT selection

if you want to run the program from the USB folder that is created ,you just need to set that folder as foreground
    Good luck

Ok, thanks

I can run the program without changing the foreground folder just fine. My question isn't really about "how to make this work?"

it's more "Where's the documentation on this?"

(like, it appears only one program can be loaded at a time and the old one gets deleted/replaced by the new one.. It's just something I want to read up on is all)