586,094 active members*
3,993 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Need some tutoring for the 440... feeds/speeds etc.

Need some tutoring for the 440... feeds/speeds etc.

Hi I just got a used 440 yesterday and I need some help with Feeds and Speeds and other settings. I am willing to pay someone for their time. I have a few small jobs I need to do but have no idea where to start with settings. Also, I use Fusion 360 and I have some questions about those settings as well. I come from a router background so I would prefer to learn from someone with experience and pay for that time so I can get started right away with some success. Please let me know if you can help

Re: Need some tutoring for the 440... feeds/speeds etc.

Any decent cutting tool manufacturer will have their recommended speeds and feeds on their site which usually offers a good start point . Start at the lower recommendations and you should do ok as long as the programming is reasonable . A difference I'm sure you already know is it's better to ramp a tool into the work piece on a mill vs plunging which would be more common on a router . It can be argued that a center cutting tool is made specifically for the ability to plunge , but vibration on a lesser rigid machine can and will damage a tool

There is a pcnc440 facebook group which might be worth joining . there is a lot of info on there and it'll give you a good indication of the mill's capabilities and where it may lack in them

Do you have a link for that FB group? I searched and could not find it

Try FS-wizard and see what it suggests and dial it back from there. Check the RPM and HP numbers to see if your machine can do them. https://zero-divide.net/fswizard

- - - Updated - - -

Try FS-wizard and see what it suggests and dial it back from there. Check the RPM and HP numbers to see if your machine can do them. https://zero-divide.net/fswizard

Provencut is lauded as having specific F&S numbers for a 440.